my favert distance spinning rod

Rate this topic

My first question is, what do you consider "distance?"

IMNSHO guides that big trying to control line moving at the velocity that I would equate with "distance" fishing, would be a nightmare of constant guide wraps and snap-offs.

My favorite distance spinner fishing rod is a CTS 13'-6" rated 5-8 ounces rung with Fuji SiC Lowriders beginning with a 20mm gathering guide.

For me with a bare 150gm (5.29oz) sinker it is a 700ft+ caster with 20lb braid running line.

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.  If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.

View PostFor me with a bare 150gm (5.29oz) sinker it is a 700ft+ caster with 20lb braid running line.

Holy mackerel...I honestly had no idea any spinner could reach out that distance. I own several tuned ABU 6500 & 7000 series that cannot compete, heck, can't come close to that footage.

Using an 1363M, 7500CT and 30lb Braid with a shock leader tied to a 5oz bank sinker...the very best I've ever managed, on grass, with everything I could put into it was a measured 155yds. I understand that is not an ideal combination but rather a set-up that I would fish real world but still?

That is barely half the numbers you're talking. Amazing...

Dutch

The wheels on my reels go round and round...round and round...round and round...

View PostHoly mackerel...I honestly had no idea any spinner could reach out that distance. I own several tuned ABU 6500 & 7000 series that cannot compete, heck, can't come close to that footage.

Using an 1363M, 7500CT and 30lb Braid with a shock leader tied to a 5oz bank sinker...the very best I've ever managed, on grass, with everything I could put into it was a measured 155yds. I understand that is not an ideal combination but rather a set-up that I would fish real world but still?

Dutch

oohhh yea im sure i threw some leads over 900ft but i can never find those ones LOL!biggrin.gif

View Postwell i dont use braid and works good be hind the john kerr dam where i fish and i can throw 2 1/2oz 160 yards and 3oz 187 4oz a little over 200 yards

Impressive numbers and on mono? What reel and line are you using?

View PostHoly mackerel...I honestly had no idea any spinner could reach out that distance. I own several tuned ABU 6500 & 7000 series that cannot compete, heck, can't come close to that footage.

Dutch

This set-up is one of my everyday fishing set-ups. I do tournament distance casting with spinners but I use a rod built just for that (Century Carbon Metal Crest for now).

It has been my argument for years that modern engineered for distance surf fishing spinning tackle systems will generally exceed the capabilities of typical surf fishing appropriate conventional tackle and especially when one is grading over the long term, day-in-day-out performace in all conditions.

View Postoohhh yea im sure i threw some leads over 900ft but i can never find those ones LOL!biggrin.gif

Unfortunately crack-offs don't count.

I have had some over 900ft.

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.  If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.

883, do you cast from an elevated position or from water level?

If from water level, you should start teaching distance casting. It appears that you have discovered a technique and hardware setup which is better than anything the engineers at CTS, Zziplex and Daiwa have come out with.

Please provide more info on your technique.

I could not prevent break offs with 30# leader, so I had to step up to 50#braid for 3oz lead. How do you manage with 30 or 40 # mono leader

Please post pictures.

Night_Stiper

Wake up, smile, enjoy life - repeat daily.