Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

I picked up some...

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

...Umpqua TMC 600SP hooks (size 2). They seem to be a very solid hook (and sharp tooredface.gif ). Last week I asked about the Owner Flyliner hooks that I have yet to order. I may still get those as well as I only bought one pack of these new hooks (they were almost $14.00 for 14 hooks)...But I'm interested on your thoughts on these Umpqua hooks.

Btw, any idea which company actually produces these hooks? From what I understand, Umpqua is a third wheel in all this.

TMC 600SP Tiemco's newest saltwater fly hook is made for tough fish! The SP stands for "Super Point", and this hook sure has it - a super sharp cutting point desiged to penetrate the tough mouths of fish like tarpon, tuna, and other big game. Tiemco lists this hook style as 3X heavy, 3X wide, 2X short, forged, with a black nickel finish

I have about $150 worth of just TMC 600sp hooks. I haven't even started tying with them because I have so many mustad/gama hooks left. Cheaper to get those in the bulk packs too. Try gama sl12 trey combs or the SC15.