Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ESyakr

Daiwa Sealine X...Looks good. Anyone use one?

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Ive been asking a ton of questions about conventionals, as I know nothing about em. Ill be using it from the kayak for big black drum, red drum, and cow stripers in the winter. Bottom fishing with 3-5 oz of lead. I am looking at the Daiwa Sealine X, in the 20 or 30 size. Line capacity looks perfect, what Ive read about the drag is its strong and smooth, and can be upgraded with Smoooth washers.

I was wondering if any of you have any experience with this reel? Is it built to last? Can I get several hard seasons out of it? How will it hold up to a 40lb bull red or a huge black drum? Ill be using 50-65lb braid.

Thanks again, I appreciate the patience with me...Im a little dumb with some of this stuffcwm31.gifbiggrin.gif

Should be perfect....i'd go with the 30....then you won't have to ever be scared about the capacity. For a yak I'd like this reel better than an all metal one b/c grphite will be less susceptible to corrosion...plus the drag is pretty well sealed. The only reason why this reel may not be a good choice is if u haave small hands. Some people with small hands find it annoying to hold b/c the drag and handle are not contoured forward.