Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mokes

"Use the Search Function"

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

I have to rant here for a moment. I rarely ask many REAL questions and when I have them and decide to come on an internet forum with it....I really DO NOT like people telling me to SEARCH.

There is ALWAYS that ONE guy who does that crap. It's like..."yeah...no sh** Sherlock, thanks Captian Obvious." Because I WANT to go read 50 frigging threads HOPING I may stumble across the answer that YOU could of just frigging answered, but instead decided telling me TO SEARCH was somehow better.

W....T....H?? If you're gonna be a d-bag...at least say something funny while you're pissing me off.

I LIVE on Search for research, but when I wanna CHAT about something I will POST THE DAMN QUESTION. If you can't be bothered to assist at least do me the favor of not telling me to SEARCH.

YOU A-HOLE!! mad.gif

thanks guys. I feel better.biggrin.gif

I stopped telliing people ot use the search. See, when I know there is a detailed answer in the archives...I alredy know it. I rather see oyu get a crappy answer because you're too damn lazy to find the right anwer yourself.

View PostI stopped telliing people ot use the search. See, when I know there is a detailed answer in the archives...I alredy know it. I rather see oyu get a crappy answer because you're too damn lazy to find the right anwer yourself.

It's not lazy, it's not being able to type in the search parameters "How do I do X but only if I want to do Y"

All you'll get are PAGES to go through and no one to bounce questiosn off of.

I'll never get why some people are even ON here if chatting is an issue.

I'm a social butterfly.

Well, i don't fully agree with you. My prime example is the NOAA registration. I think ive seen at least 10 different threads talking about it, registering for it. That is what irritates me. People asking tackle questions, bait to use, stupid stuff like that is another item that can be searched b/c its something that has already been talked about a thousand times.

Don't get me wrong, their are exceptions, but for the most part its just more efficient to give the search button a shot.

View PostIt's not lazy, it's not being able to type in the search parameters "How do I do X but only if I want to do Y"

All you'll get are PAGES to go through and no one to bounce questiosn off of.

I'll never get why some people are even ON here if chatting is an issue.

I'm a social butterfly.

cwm15.gifhttp://stripersonline.com/surftalk/s...d.php?t=706937

View PostWell, i don't fully agree with you. My prime example is the NOAA registration. I think ive seen at least 10 different threads talking about it, registering for it. That is what irritates me. People asking tackle questions, bait to use, stupid stuff like that is another item that can be searched b/c its something that has already been talked about a thousand times.

Don't get me wrong, their are exceptions, but for the most part its just more efficient to give the search button a shot.

But so what? What would you like people to discuss on a fishing site, lol? Maybe TimS should shut down the whole chat part of SOL and just turn it into a Search Site?

View Postmy dog knows how to fish a needlefish biggrin.gif

LOL. Not my fault my wife grew up her whole life an the Cape and can't fish. She is NO HELP.

I should of just gone down to the Canal and asked people there.

View PostThats the way they roll around here.

Nah..most everyone is helpful. Some even POST the links they know would provide more info. But there is ALWAYS one.