Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J

How much bad crap can one negotiate?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I'm feeling like I'm reaching my limit...

Everything seems like a chore. My most recent medical procedure has left me feeling worse for wear. Cervical spine epidural, the 1st of three shots has left me feelin in more pain than before I started. I'm supposed to start a series of lumbar epidurals in a little over a week. I'm not sure I want to start them. The cervical shot just made me feel worse. Starting the lumbar series has me feeling quite anxious... Not sure I want to go down that road.

Has anyone her gotten relief from these spinal blocks? 'm not feeling optimistic.

J

I would say if it made you feel worse hold off on getting any more. Doctors aren't always right. I just got done with 4 weeks of physical therapy and I feel worse from it. You need to discuss this with the Dr and if he still wants to do them and you don't find another Dr.

Jay, please take my post in the spirit in which it is given. I have read of your many misfortunes over the years and believe me I can certainly empathize. Along with facing your myriad of physical problems you have faced a series of wrenching emotional ones as well. Have you thought of seeking some professional help to deal with many of these issues? It is not a sign of weakness to ask for help but the mark of a man who decides that life can and should be better. You may learn some tools to help you cope with all that is on your plate at this time. Many of us have gone this route and although reluctant at first most of us received some assistance and a renewed sense of hope. Best of luck to you, brudda.

Believe me, I have been down that road... It helped some but based on the fact I'm in constant pain and the family problems effected by that, there's reason behind my despair. That being said, meds haven't helped as the problems persist. Meds just mask reality and are only short term help. Counselling took me asfar asit could. Both docs were of the opinion I was doing as well as could be accepted.

Chronic pain just plain sucks and there isn't much of an answer other than pain killers and I don't want to rely upon them. Frankly, I gowithout themmost of the time.

Alcohol has been used too much recently and on that thought, I have cut it out...

Venting here (I know y'all get sick of it) has been as helpful as any other remedy I have tried. IE Sticking your head out the window and screaming is quite effective and that is what my posts are here...

Thanks for putting up with it redface.gif

J

And thank you for showing us a little something about perserverance and courage. I really don't know how you handle your whole deal, but I've learned that you have to try. Here's hoping that you do finally find some relief.