Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishnbear

Bass Bug Floater Question.

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Looking forward to doing much more LMB fishing this year in local waters.I need a floating line for an 8wt to help turn over those big bugs I'll be chucking.I honestly don't fish a lot of floaters so I'm not really up to speed on the new Bass specialty lines.So many choices and at around $70.00 a pop I'd like to pick a good one.Any suggestions appreciated.Thanks

Ive never cast one but I understand the Sci Anglers Headstart lines are a good choice for bass bugs.They have a short front taper and are reasonally priced.I use a couple of different lines and the Wulff SWT works as well or better than most.

View Posti dont know how everyone feels about Orvis Silver label lines, but i've seen them a bunch of times the past few weeks for under $50. i got mine for $28

The post I posted SA Floating line $24.95 biggrin.gif

I have a few of the Sci Angler Headstart lines that I use for LMB and Smallie fishing. I think they are fantastic lines for the money. They are about a half line size heavier than the rating. Not a line I would use for weary trout but a good economical choice for LMB. They are the least expensive of the of Sci Anglers Mastery series lines. If you want to spend the full 70 plus the Sci Angler Bass Bugging line is excellent too.

I mean, all you really need is a weight forward floating line. If you have one already, just go fishing. If not, get whichever one you want. If you want an inexpensive one go to the bargain bin at an Orvis store, or your local fly shop.

In the end, PRACTICING YOUR CASTING will improve the casting of those bugs more than any line you buy!

Regards,

Mark