Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottne

Why I drink bottled beer at bars

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

it builds your ammue system.

plus we had this conversation the other night... it went something like this.

if a chick has herpies on her lips and you share an alcoholic drink with her (drink after her) would you get the herpies even though there is alcohol and alcohol is supposed to kill bacteria.

we ended up agreeing that herpies is resistant to alcohol (other wise there would be a cure for it... right?) and that since the alcohol is daluted in the drink it wouldn't have much affect anyways...

moral of the discussion was... stick to your own drinks.

so would having bacterial infested ice in a mixed drink not matter because of the alcohol? or would the alcohol be too daluted (i really dont know how to spell that word) to kill it?

There was a sports bar I used to frequent when I was young and the draft beer was delicious! I asked why their beer was so good and they told me the cleaned the hoses out every night. It has since grown and got a larger dinning area and it's just not the same. I haven't been there in many years and I'll bet they no longer clean to that extent.

Bob

View Postdo bars even serve cans headscratch.gif

West Coast - several taverns around the Vernonia area still do... but down in 'Yuppieville' where I live now (Portland Metro), you do not see that many as most are bottle or draft.

View PostAnd won't drink soda from machines....

A year or two ago there was a college student down in Florida that ran a similar test and found that the ice in those places was full of shi* as well....

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Germs/s...ory?id=9506583

scott--did you know that several years back one of the local seafood markets got caught using the Zamboni scrapings from Gallo's to ice down their fish in the display case? cwm31.gif

Place is under new ownership now, but every time I'm in there, I still wonder cwm27.gif

View Postscott--did you know that several years back one of the local seafood markets got caught using the Zamboni scrapings from Gallo's to ice down their fish in the display case? cwm31.gif

Place is under new ownership now, but every time I'm in there, I still wonder cwm27.gif

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/9241109/detail.html

There's the ice story. Does the McDonalds at the rotary still include free bandaids with your salad?

Mike, that wouldn't be a market on the water near a few jetties?