Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hunt for blueessss

Wolf Fish

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Hunt for Big Fish today, the guy catches a MONSTER wolf fish then the barb gets jammed into his finger! he snatches it out, but luckily it had a small barb so it only ripped some of his flesh. i want to fish for wolf fish lol

Not the same critter as you find, under that name, in the N. Atlantic.

I like that show. And thething I like the best is probably watching him cast; me makes it look easy to consistently throw within a few inches of a point underneath a tree limb at distances that look to be 80'-90'. SUCH a pretty caster.

Given his skills with fly tackle and fly tying, I wish he'd do a few shows with fly gear.

This thread reminds me of a general question (given the food quality critiques I've read concerning wolf fish)....is stating that a given fish tastes like lobster the sea food equivelent of saying 'tastes like chicken'???

View PostNot the same critter as you find, under that name, in the N. Atlantic.

I like that show. And thething I like the best is probably watching him cast; me makes it look easy to consistently throw within a few inches of a point underneath a tree limb at distances that look to be 80'-90'. SUCH a pretty caster.

Given his skills with fly tackle and fly tying, I wish he'd do a few shows with fly gear.

man, can he cast!! clapping.gif

plus, he's not plugging product the whole show like many others. the most product plugging he does is they'll show him passing around a bag of Jack Links jerky.

I once went out on a cod party boat and the guy next to me caught a wolf fish.The mates smashed the hell out of the things head and then the guy put it in his cooler. Two hours later when he opened the cooler the thing was still alive. I have heard they taste pretty simular to cod, does anyone here know?

View PostI once went out on a cod party boat and the guy next to me caught a wolf fish.The mates smashed the hell out of the things head and then the guy put it in his cooler. Two hours later when he opened the cooler the thing was still alive. I have heard they taste pretty simular to cod, does anyone here know?

I heard lobster - hence the question I asked in my last post in this threadcwm27.gif

Hunt...the Wolf Fish up here are big tooth monsters. Not sure if you can catch one from a kayak or not. I think they may live pretty deep? I would LOVE to catch on though.

I'm now trying to plan some kayak spring trips for different fish.

View Postfrown.gif Can someone post pics of the wolf fish you're talking about?

Missed the show

can't remember which he was hunting but search for

Hoplias aimara

Hoplias malabaricus

Hoplerythrinus unitaeniatus

those are the ones NOT found in the deep ocean

watch this video to help you understand these monsters

" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GIpw...layer_embedded