Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smellfish

cape cod 1st time places to stay?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Where would you like to fish? Hyannis is not even close to Race Point ... You could do a tour of the Cape ... Start at the Canal & work your way to P-Town ... work the Bay on the way down & the outer beaches on the way back. It all depends of what you want to try. I would plan your trip & then ask for recomendation for accommodations. OTW has a book about fishing spots on the Cape.

thanks guys, dream plan is to rent house on ocean as base then explore as much as possible. ive heard that traffic in summer can be bad (same everywhere i guess) will be going with extended family but i have a 4x4 pick-up w/camper so id hope sneak off for a night or two maybe and get beach permits as needed thanks Pete

Hello all, hoping to make it up to the cape for the 1st time this summer(before i get any older..50..lol)any ideas or suggestions on places to stay that have access to fishing nearby. ive been on the web and i just cant get a good feel from mapqest desciptions. thanks Pete

View PostHello all, hoping to make it up to the cape for the 1st time this summer(before i get any older..50..lol)any ideas or suggestions on places to stay that have access to fishing nearby. ive been on the web and i just cant get a good feel from mapqest desciptions. thanks Pete

at ahe anchor inn in hyannis there are quite a few boats that dock right in the harbor, not sure about prices in the summer, can get spendy. take rt6 to exit 6 and head south, the helen-h , and highline dock there. they all have websites hotel included, it'll be a blast for sure.

there are lots of beaches with jettys and some access to the rivers too. day parking at the beach is expensive 15-20, but after 5 or 6 its free. check google maps and check the south facing beaches,for some ideas, i stay in harwich and fish red river beach, lots of blue fish on tins. some sharks at night too, you can also catch pogies(menhaden) on flashy spinners, chrome panthermartins, work good for me. use them as chunk bait or fish them live.

Good luck, Lenny

Top Mast Motel, No. Truro. On the beach (bay), reasonable and easy access to outer beaches. 1 or 2 bedroom units as well as cottages.

Nice clean place, been staying there since 1980. You won't be sorry.

Sutton Place East in Truro. Been stayin there all my life (I'm 24), and so has the rest of my family, back when it was Scott's cottages. Cheap little cottages right on the beach, a perfect base for race point. I get a weekly oversand permit every year, and Nelson's Bait and Tackle is right on the way. You really cant beat it. The real deal.

View PostTop Mast Motel, No. Truro. On the beach (bay), reasonable and easy access to outer beaches. 1 or 2 bedroom units as well as cottages.

Nice clean place, been staying there since 1980. You won't be sorry.

The Top Mast Cafe serves a great breakfast too,and they have a wicked fish fry on Fridays.wink.gif