Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluefish

Saltwater Carolina Rig question....

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever tried an actual Carolina Rig in the surf here. I mean the whole deal from the bullet weight to the bead to the swivel and then a leader attached to something like a 9" Sluggo? Is the ocean to turbulent to use such a rig? I would imagine the "fish finder" type qualities of this rig would make it appear very lifelike and make the weight hard to detect for the bass.

I've used it for some inshore fluking and it works pretty well. They inhale a nice white twister tail.

------------------

...tis the season when its good to have crabs...

got tog?

you keepin' secrets from me bubba? wink.gif Figgers a guy from Michigan would adapt this way...

I didn't think about usin' it for Fluke. I was wondering more along the lines of castability with the bullet and the big sluggo...I guess from the snickering of crash and Billy 40 it works! biggrin.gif now where did I put those beads that were thrown at me from that naked chick in New Orleans?? wink.gif

Oh now you wanna know about beads, trust me size and color matters...biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Close my friend, I've caught 5 species on a modified Carolina rigs so far, Blues, Stripers, Togs, Sea Bass, and Fluke.

its called a phone man, don't be afraid, it won't bite...hurry up, I think the seafoam is settling already.

Now you've done it...piqued my interest/HOW MUCH$$$ I KNOW IT'S PROPRIETARY!! Don't worry MBF/I'll get'em intoxicated while ice-fishing...he'll be slurring like a...well...drunk canary!!!smile.gifsmile.gif

Why not use the popular "dropshot method" or a play on it. Just rig a teaser up to the bottom of your swivel, and attach a sinker to the end of your leader instead of a plug. FrankD wrote about this in StriperSurf, and he was using it in the 60's.

JC