Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

more Beach Access is gone... when is it gonna stop???

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Well, due to whatever number of factors, we have now lost 4x4 access to the Town of SouthHampton. The town will no longer be issuing Non-Resident passes for its town beaches.

Thanks again to those of you who publicize and abuse these permits...

BC

Ouch. I heard rumblings about this last year. Did they give a reason why they weren't issuing non-resident permits?

Do you know of any LIBBA comments regarding this?

I hope they intercede, if they don't, I won't be sending in my renewal check.

just kidding... I dont know why this time, I just heard from a club member who heard from Tom Melton...

Im sure the above didnt help tho!!! mad.gif

It's actually all your fault BC. If you didn't keep complaining constantly no one would've noticed the trend of doing away with non-resident permits. wink.gif

ET

Erik,

someones gotta be the voice... might as well be me.. everyone hates me anyway...

bc

You know I was bustin on ya.. thus the wink.gif

And I could never hate a guy who loves bloody bunker heads as much as me!

ErikT

BC, not everybody hates ya, probably just the guys that know ya...hey Chicky, any more room in that jeep buddy!

lg_smile.gif

Seriously, what's LIBBA gonna do about this, it's not a laughing matter, and a prelude of what's to come.Other towns will be watching what if any amount of opposition this move has, we can't let this go without some sort of fight or we'll be seeing alot more of it soon!

BC,

It seems to me that many South shore towns are doing what most north shore towns already do; restrict access to their residents only. With the exception of a few state parks like sunken meadow, access on the north shore is almost non-existent unless you are a resident or know somebody in that town that can get you a pass. I would hate to see what happens if the same thing happens on the South Shore!

We need to voice our objections and quick before all the towns follow suit. Before ya know it we will ALL be competing for a couple of rocks at Montauk where we won't interfere with any of the surfers, or where we won't get harassed by the fly boats who think they own the water to the high tide mark!!! It is only funny until you realize that the local politicians could easily do this!

Where the EFF is LIBBA on this??? I know some of the senior members belong to this board, have they seen this yet?

come on fellas, speak up... what can we do???

BC