lichum

Tell Me Tales Of The Daiwa BG 90.

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

I used to use an old ss90 and a gs90. Good solid reels caught a lot of 15 to 20 lb King Mackeral with both of them. Heavy reels but had good drags. I even made one bailess by fitting a Mitchell roller on it. The only problem was the side cover screws would work loose from time to time.

View PostI used to use an old ss90 and a gs90. Good solid reels caught a lot of 15 to 20 lb King Mackeral with both of them. Heavy reels but had good drags. I even made one bailess by fitting a Mitchell roller on it. The only problem was the side cover screws would work loose from time to time.
Another pic of the GS-9:

View PostThat's a Daiwa? My dad just got one of those, I thought it looked crappy, obviously I'm wrong redface.gif

It's a Daiwa but not a BG cs.

From what I've read, the BG series is based on or similar to the GS series.

View PostIt's a Daiwa but not a BG cs.

From what I've read, the BG series is based on or similar to the GS series.

So... I'd imagine that the GS is just as good, or better than the BG? And should I steal it from my dad?

View PostI sold the siver one this summer and the guy caught 2 Sailfish with it.

The SS and GS don't have silent anti-reverses.

i have a Penn that almost looks identical to that silver reel, things a beast, but i dont have a use for it anymore (no i dont plan on selling it)