Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayC

Here We Go Again

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

View PostStop griping guys. Get out there and fish. Who cares if they are on sandeels or bunker. shakehead.gif They are out there to be caught.

spig, you are 100% right, just go fishin', one good thing with all these nor'east., they are maintaining the water temmperture, which means we will be fishin' longer, maybe into janurarysmile.gif

i just hope that when fall turns to winter and these nor'easters dont keep coming like they are and bringing snow with them! mad.gif

View Posti just hope that when fall turns to winter and these nor'easters dont keep coming like they are and bringing snow with them! mad.gif

I have a feeling we're in for just that. I think this is going to be a nasty winter.

I haven't caught a bass since that big NE blow a few weeks agobeatin.gif

For some reason it seems when the fall is quit on the NE front then winter pounds us with them. When the fall is loaded with NE storms then the winter is normally quit. I dunno, just what I am remembering.

I'm sick right now as well. Some kind of flu for 5 days now. I'm holding out hope I can fish tomorrow or at least Fri night.....

John

This is an El Nino year, is should me mild, not too much snow, a few cold days....I am keeping the Contender in the H20 until water temps fall below 40....48 is the magic number when it goes off!!...I have my logs and we have yet to see Herring, we still have Bunker when we have a hard west wind ( as the bunker swim into the wind and will be blown from offshore as they did this past weekend where we saw some decent fish along the central coast)...but, there are some decent fish being caught already down south (DE Bay, VA etc..)...hang in there boyz....plenty of decent days ahead.

Start using some of the Berkely Alive and Gulp scented products or spread the Bio-Edge scent on your hardbaits and slow everything down. We still have Blues around and big ones too, we pegged a 14 pounder on the Boga this past sunday in 60 degree weather with 52 degree water temps...I do agree the vicious weather cycle has been a detriment to fishing this fall but even in June it was horrible...Keep the faith..

don't get me wrong... surf fishing right before and during the start of a big NE blow is great and can be fun, and i've had a couple killer days of fishing this fall, but this season it seems the days that the fish are biting hard in the surf are scattered and concentrated in short periods.... i'd much rather prefer a more consistent albeit slower bite.... kinda like what i experienced in fall 2008...

for guys like me that mostly fish the weekends (due to travel distance) it's been one Noreaster after another... and in the surf it gets useless to fish in a strong blow after a day or so.... so 1 good day of fishing then nearly a week of soupy water...frown.gif... and the storms all seem to start midweek headscratch.gif ...

View PostThe weather gods have not been in our favor this year. But ya gotta play the hand you were dealt. Whats really sucks is the fish are there and the fishing is good but everytime I look at the forecast we get hammered by another storm. Its starting to get old. Im all about a churned up surf with white water everywheredrool.gif but not 15 foot waves for three days straight

Mother Nature's way of protecting her own....good for her.beers.gif

ive had a great fall so far, regardless of storms. i WANT it to snow....less people to mug me and itll keep my bass cold if i decide to keep it... biggrin.gif

besides, my jeep on the beach, in the snow, with the sunrise would make a bad ass picture...haha