Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayC

Here We Go Again

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

The Jersey Shore is facing about 12 to 18 hours of stormy weather starting tonight, and likely beach erosion could worsen conditions in areas severely eroded by the Veterans Day nor'easter, according to the National Weather Service.

last night in the dark I was fishing in MB, and I took one wrong step and was sinking in some type of quick sand. It was not a good feeling. I guess it will continue to happen with more erosion on it's way.

The weather gods have not been in our favor this year. But ya gotta play the hand you were dealt. Whats really sucks is the fish are there and the fishing is good but everytime I look at the forecast we get hammered by another storm. Its starting to get old. Im all about a churned up surf with white water everywheredrool.gif but not 15 foot waves for three days straight

View PostI know - but I couldn't do it - the fish simply "wouldn't count" wink.gif

i know what you mean... i had to struggle with this one too... but just keep the giggles from cranking in big bass all day long to yourself and you'll be fine wink.gif

View Posti know what you mean... i had to struggle with this one too... but just keep the giggles from cranking in big bass all day long to yourself and you'll be fine wink.gif

no I know it - but thank goodness I had a good session last week otherwise I'd never hear the end of it from the new sales guy down the hall who hit the "boats" and said: "you fish from the surf" ??? maddone

View Postlove that "positive" N/NW side smile.gif

Absolutely! I'm looking forward to it! Last Saturday we had fish all over bait on that strong NW/W wind. I just wish we could get some steady weather in the fall like we used to have years ago. Seems like so many of the past few years have clobbered us on NE blows right when the fishing was getting good and the spots were predictable. It's unbelievable how many sandeels we have around this year. In years past that wasn't the case, and if you were lucky enough to find them during the day, well, just head back at night and have a 25-40+ numbers kind of night. I miss that! I'm used to looking forward to it all year long and these long NE blows just kill our chances for a number of days. It takes a while for the bait to settle back in. You know what I mean.

View PostI know - but I couldn't do it - the fish simply "wouldn't count" wink.gif

Yeah right, by who's standards? Let me tell you something, just because you're on a boat, doesn't mean it's any easier then finding fish on land. More respectable because you caught fish from the sand? Yes. Absolutely. But it's sure as hell not easier by any means.

I know of a very accomplished surf guy who was pretty humbled this year when he bought his own boat. It's not as easy as some may think. There's a hell of alot more variables on the water then there is on the sand. And im not pxssing in anyone's cheerio's here.

That being said, the beach guys definitely had an advantage today as the fish and bait pushed the eels WAY into the wash. Only saw a handful of guys on the beach, hope you guys cashed in. icon14.gif

View Postlast night in the dark I was fishing in MB, and I took one wrong step and was sinking in some type of quick sand. It was not a good feeling. I guess it will continue to happen with more erosion on it's way.

I walked about 1/2 mile of beach today and I was tired. of course, boots with sand in them and being up since 2:30 probably didn't help.

I fish both ways, from the surf and the boat. Recently we ran the boat and we were casting towards the shoreline as the fish were laying on the outside of the bar and waiting to cross over once the tide rose a bit as sand eels were playing hide and seek. The fish were beyond surf casting distance and the fish we did catch were lying on the bottom, slow retrieve with metal, hogys, and ronz on light jig heads.