How much is your plug bag worth when fishing?

Rate this topic

IamClam

Just took a quick look.......

$100 - Bag

$120 - Boga

$10 - Pliers

$20 - Light

$20 - Leaders, swivels, snaps

$50 - soft plastics

$50 - metal, jigs

$30 - 4 bombers

$60 - 4 superstrike needles

$150 - 6 wood plugs

~$600

cwm31.gifcwm31.gifcwm31.gif

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

SS Darter- $15

AH Needle- $20

Hab's- $55

Bottle Darter- 418

Bassmaster Needle- Not sure I could get a replacement

Steel Pulse Conrad Jr.- " " " " " " "

Bigwater Diver- $40

Hab's Stuffy- $25

Numby 3 oz. Darter- My heart sinks every time I cast it

SA Jr.- $27

Custom Medium GRS Slim Diver- Gould luck replacing it.

Red Fin- $7

SS MAc Needle- $20

BM Wadd- Prob $35

I could put together $2000 in plugs in the bag pretty quickly but in all honesty the above is pretty much wWhat I fish. A little over $250 in plugs that could be replaced. The painful part would be if I ever lost the custom stuff. I didn't pay anything for them but they're worth more for sentimental reasons and are almost impossible to replace. The MAC bag would be a tough loss too. Pricey and tough to replace.

• 9 years later...

I switch out plugs depending on what bait is present and what fish are eating them. I have an Auquaskin Bag with 5 square tubes. I customized it to hold a pliers, lipper, water bottle and other stuff. The lures May look beat up but they catch and  have a history. If my rods or reels get lost or stolen they can be replaced. My bag is a reflection of me. It has teasers I tied, Rigs I tied, plugs I changed hooks on and some I repainted. . It would take a life time of deep thought and tinkering to replace. I couldn’t put a price on it. It couldn’t really be replaced.

For freshwater, I carry around 50 packages of plastics, so call that $200. Then I've got 2 trays of cranks and jigs and other stuff I rarely fish which is probably another $100. I carry at least 3 spools of line, so that's another $60 or so. Add in hooks, sinkers, spinnerbaits, and jigheads, and we are prolly looking at close to $500. I have a huge BPS bag I carry it all in, and have hundreds of lures in my garage I'll never use ...

The sad thing is I throw the same Zoom Trick Worms, Yum Dingers, or Bass Assassin Craws like 50% of the time, so it's quite silly for me to carry so much stuff, but I cannot help myself...

Eh, besides a needle fish and a (tsunami) metal lip, everything in my bag is either mass produced plastic plugs, tins or bucktails. I’d say around $200 when you factor in leader, clips, otter tails and teasers.  Bubba pliers, fish grip, princenton tec headlamp, and supreme surf bag bring it to ~325.

Edited by C.Robin