Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flytyingguy1

Steve Rajeff just pass his Word's recored Fly Casting!

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

243 feet! Broke his own recored that he held for 20yrs! I don't know if any of you guy's have heard of Steve but he is one hell of a nice guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him a number of years ago & he is a gentilman. Google Steve Rajeff to learn more about casting....................Ron

Have been lucky enough to to see the backing knot on rare casts, 70-80' in good conditions is fine with me if locating well. Steve is a scary caster, I should youtube him and hopefully pick up some pointers. Great work on a serious cast!

I known Steve since we where kids way back in 1973. Steve and Billy where best friends and where taught by the same tournament casters like Jim Green production manager of Fenwick rod company out of westminister Ca. Steve was a member of the Golden Gate flycasting Club located at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, Ca; and Billy was a paper boy living across the street from Leona casting ponds in Oakland Ca. Leona was a former trout pond stocked with rainbow trout and you could fish the pond for a fee. Jim used to give Steve rod blanks to build and test reporting back to Jim his thoughts on the rod. Steve was always a tournament caster and a fishing guide in florida and alaska. I did not get into the tournament casting phase but I did fish the nor Cal streams for steelies,smallmouth and in October salmon.

Althouugh I already cannot see the fly no further than I cast LOL, you cannot be too rich or be able to cast too far. What really gets me about the great casters is distance with [what I consider] great accuracy.

View PostWhat weight rod did he do this with?

There are few different classes and I am not sure which record this is but usually rods have only lenght restricted to 9ft and line is special 40g (about 620gr) shooting head with free running line which might be as light as 15lbs mono. Rods are special made for distance casting and I believe should be at least as stiff as 15wt fishing rod.