Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayC

Genmar warranty troubles....Any Ideas?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

My friend bought a Hydra Sports boat back in 2002, and just noticed a soft spot on his deck just left of the center console. He spoke with a few dealers and they said Genmar most likely will honor the warranty.

He contacted Genmar and they got back to him yesterday saying they are not honoring OMC product warranties anymore b/c of the current situation. (Bankruptcy I believe.)

He has a 10 year warranty on the hull and this could be a manufactures defect. When He purchased the boat NEW in 2002 they already owned OMC so we think they should honor the warranty.

Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

I just came across this:

To all those who cannot afford to consult an attorney, here is all that is needed to protect yourself in the Genmar bankruptcy, i.e. warranty, future warranty, defects, fraud, etc.

owners, previous owners, any persons that attempted to purchase the following products:

RANGER, CHAMPION, HYDRA-SPORT, STRATOS, CARVER, FOUR WINNS, WELLCRAFT, WINDSOR, MARQUIS, GLASTRON, LARSON, TRIMUPH, FOUR WINNS,

HOW TO FILE AGAINST GENMAR CORPORATTION OR ANY OF ITS SUB COMPAINES BANKRUPTCY'S

TO ALL PERSONS WHO HAVE BEEN CHEATED, LIED TOO OR STOLEN FROM BY GENMAR/RANGER BOATS OR ANY OF GENMARS COMPANIES UNDER BANKRUPTCY. THIS INCLUDES ANY INDIVIDUAL, CUSTOMER, GENMAR DEALER ARE REPERSENATIVE, THAT FEELS CHEATED ARE DEFRAUDED BY ANY MEANS, INCLUDING ALL CRIMINAL OR CIVIL MATTERS, ALL PURCHASES, DEALER CONTRACTS, WARRANTY ISSUES, REPAIR ISSUES, ETC. PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THRU WITH THESE. EACH ONE TAKES LESS THAN 3-4 MINUTES TO FILL OUT. ITS TIME ALL THE CUSTOMERS CONTROLED THE OUTCOME. THANKS.

Below are the links for forms that can be used to file a claim against Genmar, Ranger, and any other Genmar companies.

http://www.uscourts.gov/bkforms/bankruptcy_fo...

If you are owed money from any Genmar company for ANY REASON, you may file a claim in the Genmar Bankruptcy, or the Bankruptcy of that particular company.( case numbers below)

http://www.uscourts.gov/rules/BK_Forms_Pendin...

If you have a cause that is not specific money related, and involves any corrupt or unscrupulous action or actions by a Genmar Company, Rep, Dealer, on a sale , warranty, etc, you can file a adversary proceeding, which starts a separate action from the bankruptcy case

in the same court.

INSTRUCTIONS

http://www.uscourts.gov/rules/BK_Forms_09_Off...

FORM

http://www.uscourts.gov/bkforms/official/b16d...

ALL CLAIMS FORMAS AND ADVERSARY PROCEEDING FORMS MUST BE MAILED TO THE BANKRUPTCY COURT CLERK BY 11/18/2009

Mail completed forms to:

Bankruptcy clerks office

301 U.S. Courthouse

300 South Fourth Street

Minneapolis MN 55415

U.S. Trustee

Sarah J Wencil

300 South Fourth Street

Suite 1015

Minneapolis, Mn 55415

Debtor Attorney

James Baillie

200 South Sixth Street

Suite 4000

Minneapolis MN 55415

Companies and associated case numbers: :

Genmar Holdings,09-43537 // Carver Industries 09-43538 // Carver Italia 09-33773 // Carver Yachts 09-33774 // Genmar Florida 09-43539 // Genmar Industries 09-43540 // Genmar IP 09-43541 // Genmar Manufacturing Kansas 09-43542 // Genmar Michigan 09-43543 // Genmar Minnesota 09-33775 // Genmar Tennessee 09-43544 // Genmar Transportation 09-43545 // Genmar Yacht Group 09-43546 // Marine Media 09-43547 // Minstar 09-43548 // Trimuph Boats 09-43550 // VEC Leasing 09-43552 // VEC management 09-43553 // VEC Technology 09-43554 // Windsor Craft Yachts 09-43555 // Ranger Boats; Wood Manufacturing Company, Inc. 09-43556

To all those who cannot afford to consult an attorney, here is all that is needed to protect yourself in the Genmar bankruptcy, i.e. warranty, future warranty, defects, fraud, etc.

owners, previous owners, any persons that attempted to purchase the following products:

RANGER, CHAMPION, HYDRA-SPORT, STRATOS, CARVER, FOUR WINNS, WELLCRAFT, WINDSOR, MARQUIS, GLASTRON, LARSON, TRIMUPH, FOUR WINNS,

HOW TO FILE AGAINST GENMAR CORPORATTION OR ANY OF ITS SUB COMPAINES BANKRUPTCY'S

TO ALL PERSONS WHO HAVE BEEN CHEATED, LIED TOO OR STOLEN FROM BY GENMAR/RANGER BOATS OR ANY OF GENMARS COMPANIES UNDER BANKRUPTCY. THIS INCLUDES ANY INDIVIDUAL, CUSTOMER, GENMAR DEALER ARE REPERSENATIVE, THAT FEELS CHEATED ARE DEFRAUDED BY ANY MEANS, INCLUDING ALL CRIMINAL OR CIVIL MATTERS, ALL PURCHASES, DEALER CONTRACTS, WARRANTY ISSUES, REPAIR ISSUES, ETC. PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THRU WITH THESE. EACH ONE TAKES LESS THAN 3-4 MINUTES TO FILL OUT. ITS TIME ALL THE CUSTOMERS CONTROLED THE OUTCOME. THANKS.

I would bring it to the dealer that he purchased the boat from. I would be very surprised if they did not honor it. I had a minor issue with my Seaswirl Striper and they took care of it very quickly and I did not pay a cent.

Is the dealer he bought it from still around and still a HS dealer?

I would start there, they should have the skils to repair it, and they should stand behind it.

Trying to go through Genmar would be a nightmare, I would think.

It's interesting to me that he has this soft spot, I didn't think that they still used wood in their decks.Did your friend penetrate the deck at all?

You could check on tht, I bet there's some threads on the whole issue there.

The dealer he purchased from in 2002 still exists, but is no longer a Hydra Sports Dealer. The hull is a 1999 leftover bought new in 2002. I mentioned the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs to him I think he will be taking those steps. Talking with people I work with, they claim to have fast responses from both groups.