Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iluv2fish

star rods

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

anyone know anything about them ? i saw a cool one at a tackle shop it was marked down from 170.00 to 120.00 9ft rated 1-4 ozs great action not to familar with the brand any imput would be great

Love them.. If it was a Nickel lite, go back and get it.. If it was a Stellar lite, go back and get it..

Also, do a search on star rods in this forum as well as the BST, and the RB forum..

ErikT

Yes these rods are good. Nickelites are real nice, as are the plasmas..they are very light weight and responsive. Good customer service also. I have a 7 foot stellar lite spinning that I have caught a thousand fish on..great light tackle gear.

I don't know much about their surf series but I recall not liking the handle on them.

I'll tell ya what I know about them.I had one sitting outside my garage last summer and some fool walked away with it.When I find it,and I will,there is going to be an assault.

.....i have several nicklelite and stellar 11 ft surf rods ....there is no other rod i'd rather catch a forty pounder on.....sweet rod to throw 6oz and a chunk.....here's a nicklelite shot

redsol4.jpg

I have a 7 ft. nickelite casting rod,like it well. Cost in the $150's I believe. $120. is a good number,I'd take the earlier advice and get it if it's still there. icon14.gif

I've got the 9' Stellar Lite and love it heart.gif . I've been using it as my primary 3/4 -3 rod for the past 5 years. The 1-4 is a little high more like 3/4 -3 but other than that it a super rod I'd jump on it. icon14.gif

Pick it up great factory rod,I build rods and fish there 7'that I won in a raffle. I use it in the river from a boat. Never got rid of it because I reaaly like it.