Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eeeeels

KORKERS

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Anyone heard from the korkers people?

I sent an email to Nick from Korkers and well Ooo-gatz! Not a peep back! Being an end user for some 12 yrs, Iwld expect a reply,,hopefully w/some good news

What a shame. I just get so frustrated when companied like this just don't listen to the end user. cwm23.gif

I really hope and pray that someone will listen to us!

Lets keep the pressure on them. If they are watching they should listen.

Eeeeels...........rolleyes.gif

------------------

I emailed them as well, no reply.

Maybe Orvis will listen and bring out their own version.

We can dream,

gad

[This message has been edited by gadwall8 (edited 03-18-2002).]

Hi Jim,

As of this date the only Korkers available in your size is the K5000. Although, we are close to having the K9000 out, I do not think it will be out in time to fit your needs. Remember that all Korkers products have a 1 year warranty and if they fail within the first year we will replace them providing it is not abuse or normal wear.

Thanks

Nick

Nick Nasshahn

Vice President - Marketing

Korkers Products LLC

(503) 723-7100

(800) 524-8899

Gadwall, that's the line they fed me last year when I called to complain about a 2 week old pair of Korkers that the toe strap on both feet had worn through - the key word was "worn" through. Yup, worn through in about 5 or 6 nights of fishing...but since it was "wear" it wasn't considered defectivecwm23.gif Ummm...how bout premature "wear"? I guess what I was being told is that 5 or 6 nights "wear" is all that they feel you are entitled to?icon25.gif

Old Korkers would phyically last 5 or 6 years...or more depending on how hard you fished. I went through 3 pairs last seaon. Does that sound like progress or product improvement?

TimS

During a moment of weakness, I made the mistake of replacing the "Old Style" With the "New but clearly inferior" Model Korker. For all the reason previously listed, I was completely unsatisfied. I also contacted Korker and I was directed to Ship them to the company so they could evaluate if the Failure was Misuse or defect. While they were only a season old they appeared much older. Several of the straps had broken off at the sole and most of the Spikes had fallen out and the holes were totally rusted making replacement not possible.

Then I think I must have bumped my head, Cause I got an Idea ?? :c)

Why not take what's good about the old ones---The Punch through spikes and the sole design---and combine it with whatis good about the new---- I like the Spraps and buckles (If they would stay attached to the sole). So I did. With a little modification and some Betsy Ross like sewing, I attached the top portion of the straps to the bottom section (the Better, lighter) soles.

I continued rock hopping as usual and didn't miss a beat and the occasional spike replacement is once again possible and easy.

And the addition of a secure strap/buckle set up is nice. Just passing it on to the Brotherin.

Still no reply, sending e-mails every three days now. Not just short/sweet ones either. I write a different essay each time on my problems with their product. THEY SIMPLY DO NOT CARE about their customers. For what it's worth, I get the same PooPoo from Hodgman's as well. What is with the fishing tackle industry people? There seems to be a ratio of 3 scumbag companies to 1 good one IMO.

JC

I really do not like to complain but theese Korker people need some competition.

Did they ever send the sandals back to you?

What was the outcome of that? Did they honor their own warranty or did they wiggle out if it like I suspect.

Eeeeelssssssssssssssssconfused.gif