Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayC

The Australian Pink Floyd Show

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I caught this show last night with 6 friends in Asbury Park's Convention Hall Paramount Theater. The performance was Unbelievable!!!! I was blown away. Hats off to this band, they are an amazing group of musicians and singers. I know they are a tribute and not the real thing, but let me tell you...If you're a Pink Floyd Fan, you have to see this show. They are still around in neighboring states so I figured I'm mention it.

I hadn't been in the Paramount Theater since I was a kid, and I can't believe how amazing the sound is in there. Top Quality. The Count Basie could never come close. I've been in the Basie a lot over the past 5 years. One of the best shows I've seen a few times there was Buddy Guy; He blew the doors off the place. The Paramount was just such a surprise to me. Really outstanding sound system. Maybe it was just this performance and the speakers and sound board travels with the group. I don't know, but it was incredible. Crystal Clear and shook the stuff out of you. Best $23 I spent in a long time!

I've heard they are better than the Machine who I've seen, and the Machine are great. I hear that the Australian light show is phenomenal.

The Aussie light show and stage set, props and video is the actual stuff from Pink Floyd. The show is done under license to the band. They played at David Gilmours' wedding smile.gif

If you are a fan Pink Floyd (like mebiggrin.gif) you simply must go.

Digger

View PostI've heard they are better than the Machine who I've seen, and the Machine are great. I hear that the Australian light show is phenomenal.

There is a gay bar in boston called the machine, whenever I hear about it I think of pink floyd hahaha. It's also called the ramrod hahaha

I've seen Roger Waters twice in the past 10 years. Really Awesome Shows. Last night was just a jaw dropper. I really enjoyed it. I went in with zero expectations, because I didn't know anything about this band. They are incredible. I'm glad someone else on SOL got to see them.

I am taking my son to the show on Sat night in Hartford. Saw them do The Wall last fall. It was a great show all around. I have seen Waters solo, Gilmour solo and Floyd w/o Waters and APF is surprisingly good. Very faithful to the original.

We are going to see them Saturday evening in Hartford. Glad to hear they are as good as we thought they are. One Saturday the Princess was watching them on PBS and I said to her, what is Pink Floyd doing on this channel? Turns out it was them. Looking forward to the show. Anyone know a good place to eat in Hartford?

Cabo