Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveC

Fishing in NJ for the last week of October 2009

Rate this topic

498 posts in this topic

As usual, post reports here.......as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader. Please don't post specific street names or areas. Sometimes just a town name is too much information! Doing so only adds to the traffic in certain areas and it might cause an internet feud. For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no. Feel free to share any thoughts you might have on local conditions and "I got the old skunkaroo" reports" are OK too.

Some popular acronyms:

SH- Sandy Hook

NoMoCo- Northern Monmouth County

SoMoCo- Southern Monmouth County

SFZ-Spring Fling Zone (SRI-Shark River Inlet to MI- Manasquan Inlet)

OC Ocean County

IBSP-Island Beach State Park

LBI- Long Beach Island

AC- Atlantic County

CISP- Corson's Inlet State Park

CMC- Cape May County

CMR- Cape May Rips

DB- Delaware Bay

Please keep this thread for reports only. No commentary or question and answer posts here. Send the person an email or PM or start a new thread. This thread is for reports....thanks.

Whos Fishing Tonight? I Feel Tired As **** But Gonna Give It A Shot Hopefully The Brown Water And The Lack Of Cuts Will Still Produce A Few Fish Beach Side, I Know Bay Side There Stacked But Gonna Give It A Go On Ocean Front Tonight..

wednesday looks like too much fun for my topwater lures. If only I had some kind of sensor in the water to know if there were fish around before I make the long ride down.

saw a bunch of guys hooked up on clams in the SFZ.... I knew there would be a clam bite tonightmad.gif

but I dedicated this fall to learning to plug. Maybe I'll look back on tonight 20 years from now and be happy that I put the time in. but right now I'm cold, tired, and pissed.

gunna go out after the phillies game......if you had to guess what would be better ......ocean or back water plugging???????smile.gif

If i had an imaginary gun to your head and i was about to pull the trigger and you had to pick ocean or back water what would it be???

sorry just saw the movie couples retreat lol beers.gif

Never said it was easy to find easy to catch fish in easy to find current.

Its easier to fish easy to find current ineffectively.

wink.gif

Sunday 8 pm - 11pm in the back in SoOcCo. Found some good current but no bait = no luck.

5:30 - 9am with our 4 dozen clamsbiggrin.gif. We we're able to hold with 8oz but never had a chance of getting it were it needed to be. So we packed it up and went back north.

Finally wound up outfront NoMoCo 12:30 - 5:30pm and started the Clam-palooza all over again. First cast within 30 sec... I think the clam musta hit em on the head. Fish on. 26in fatty.

We fished hi-lo's with 7/0 circle hooks with 4oz/5oz (really) You could see the clear water line and the mud line. It was outgoing and was all clear by dead low.

Overall 2 keepers and 8 schoolies bet 24-27in. beers.gifAll released. My buddy who hasn't gotten out in ages had one on with some shoulders. Took a huge run but got off.

Best part was I put the rod in the spike for a quick minute and forgot to engage the baitrunnerredface.gif. We always hold the rod and this proves why... I hear a "hey yo..." from a guy pluggin. My buddy starts running and I see my rod going in the drink. My friend is flying to catch it and slides like he's going into third base... Grabs the rod, sets the hook and hands it up to me... Funniest **** I've ever scene. Thanks Oleclapping.gif

I'll post some pics later. It should be an interesting week.

View PostBest part was I put the rod in the spike for a quick minute and forgot to engage the baitrunnerredface.gif. We always hold the rod and this proves why... I hear a "hey yo..." from a guy pluggin. My buddy starts running and I see my rod going in the drink. My friend is flying to catch it and slides like he's going into third base... Grabs the rod, sets the hook and hands it up to me... Funniest **** I've ever scene. Thanks Oleclapping.gif

That's a good friend clapping.gif

fished 6:30-12:30. Fished back NoMoco and found some good clean water but didn't see any signs of life and then tried outfront and found some great whitewater pounding some rocks but the water was pure brown. Maybe could have produced a couple fish in that spot with clams but I threw bucktails and magdarters(started with black then went to orange) but no takers. Had my first real fall mugging last night. It blew my mind because of how ****** the conditions were for plugging. I was on one of the smallest jetties known to man and had a guy set up about two rod lengths away and start fishing the same side of the jetty as me.kooky.gif