Mike Desante a Real Master Plug Builder

Rate this topic

Awesome John

Couldn't agree more, top notch builder and great guy. He helped me out a few months back when I was just getting started turning my own plugs. Took time out of his busy schedule to give me a crash course on building and even a few beers! Can't thank em enough. His stuff swims great right outta the bag, I only tweak the line ties to play with the depths.

google mikes custom plugs, you'll find them there. made right here in Mass., very very very nice plugs... I have a bunch, his pencils are great, and the poppers are sick, he's got a lot of big azz plugs too. great builder.

• 11 months later...

They may not be Beachmasters, but his plugs catch fish! His large Danny's are a must in the spring and in the fall. I have taken several bass from the teens into the twenties on his plugs! I also had his junior swimmer as well but unfortunately it got snagged on something and I lost it.

FISH HARD[NY & NJ] LIVE LONG.
Atom 40 Biatch.

View Postthese pics do not do them justice.. they also swim perfectly cast great and catch fish and take abuse...drool.gif

I'm telling you there are some great builders out there and Mike is one of them in my opinion. icon14.gif

where can i get some of these.??

drool.gif

View PostI have been fishing Mike's plugs for a few years now and They do catch fish and hold up well. Here's a few he donated to the Troll Fest next month. (Raffle ticket Info is on the Ditch Troll forum)

DitchtrollLure.jpg

I still cant believe Mike donated all those plugs, im going to start using these for that reason alone, i love t5he white purple and black headed chubby needle

"CC's post was exactly that. It was respectful, it was first hand, it offered details about the experience and contained lots of useful information. There is nothing wrong with his opening post or his followup posts - they have been exceedingly respectful".

He makes a little 5-1/4 inch swimmer that was dynamite for me last year. I was able to outfish a few sharpies one night and it was because I had this little beauty on and nothing else.

I was playing around with the plug one day while the herring were just starting to show and at the end of every cast there was a small pod of herring following my plug back to the shore. I figured if it can fool them...

Paint is beautiful.

A while back OTW magazine called his jointed eel 1 of the 10 best striper plugs of the year.

My wife now shops with Mike for stocking stuffers.

good deal

SYNERGY. A code word lazy people use when they want you to do all the work.
Demotivators

View PostBernzy- Check out his site and you will see a plug called the commander. Its a swimmer that will swim like a danny but can also be trolled deep like a Gibbs trolling swimmer. Very versatile plug, my #1 is the bunker color. Tight lines - Bill S.

Bernzy made the Original "Commander" and a pretty darn good one at that wink.gif