Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Ahab

Shark River Inlet Questions???

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Never fished this area before (Shark River Inlet) and I am planning a trip down this week. Not looking to burn anyone's spots but any hints, areas and parking info is greatly appreciated. Of course, anyone going to be around Wed or Thurs night would be glad to meet up.

PM or email if posting reveals to much to too many!

Thanks

USED to fish SRI alot. The north side of the inlet produced a good number of bass all along the jetty on plugs at night and the tip was productive with big bucktails & rind or twister combos. The jetty just up the beach was very good too (lincoln ave). The key to the inlet was being there late (or early enough) that the boat traffic was minimal. A boat would come through and the fish were down for 20 minutes.

The inlet is tiny - you can fish both jetties, from end to end, in 20 minutes - you can cast across it with a 1oz jig - it's small smile.gif Parking is as self explanatory as any on the planet - pull up, park in the marked parking spots...can't miss 'em, they run start near the bridge and run for miles in either direction smile.gif

Good spots? An inlet you can fish in 20 minutes and cast across is already pretty specific - after you fish there you'll figure out which parts/spots you like...those will be your good spots icon14.gif

TimS

Don't limit your self to just the inlet. There are plenty of nice jetties North and South of the inlet. Be prepared to walk. If the inlet isn't working out, jetty hop! Make sure you wear your korkers!

fyi: depending on the weather, the best spots aren't always "on" the inlet jetties wink.gif... fish it and you'll learn.... just keep your mind open about areas other than where you see several dozen people camped out... kooky.gif ... there is lots of good structure up and down that entire stretch of beach.

oh, and please pick up trash if you are there... too many careless/clueless fishermen give us a bad name in that area....

Thanks for the replies thus far - exactly the sort of info I was looking for

As far as trash - I usually bring a bag and try to fill it with other people's trash each trip - Good for my fishing Karma

Better yet, if you see someone throwing trash down, pick THEM up and throw them onto the rocks. Don't leave them though. Throw them a line to help them back up. Hopefully one with a nice sharp circle hook! biggrin.gif

View PostBetter yet, if you see someone throwing trash down, pick THEM up and throw them onto the rocks. Don't leave them though. Throw them a line to help them back up. Hopefully one with a nice sharp circle hook! biggrin.gif

If they float I will - otherwise, well skates, doggies and crabs gotta eat tooscuba.gif

if your in that area and find a rather large korker lonely and scared. let me know lost one in that area not too long ago......

i like that area a lot. but since i have no fishing skills i catch hardly anything. but i'll keep going back when i can. eventually i got to get it right, right?

Thank you again to everyone who sent me or posted info. Went last night. Dredge was working strong at SRI Water was cloudy. neat place

Also stopped by Manasquan inlet - lost of bait and only a few people fishing. Saw one very small striper caught.

I will be back if anyone nees some fishing company drop me a line

David