chrisrub

getting rid of a junk trailer

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I have a junk trailer that I need to get rid of. It's a galvanized trailer and everything except the base frame is rusted out and useless. The axle is shot as well. How can I get rid of this without borrowing a torch and cutting it up to bring to a scrap place? That is, if they would even take it at scrap yard..

Put it at the end of your driveway with a sign saying "FREE". If that doesn't work, change the sign to "DO NOT TAKE", someone will "steal" it.

View PostI have a junk trailer that I need to get rid of. It's a galvanized trailer and everything except the base frame is rusted out and useless. The axle is shot as well. How can I get rid of this without borrowing a torch and cutting it up to bring to a scrap place? That is, if they would even take it at scrap yard..

I would take It.

Am am local, pick up is not a problem.

But would need to get it to my house in pa where I would work on it.

Looking for a cheap trailer to trailer a 9' 76 lb bass boat.

anyone can have it if they want it. It held my 20' wellcraft (about 2500 lbs) until the axle rusted through and broke. not road worthy right now

Put where it can be seen with free sign......... junk guys or some one that thinks they can do something with it will take it away.... you would not belive what happens .... first thing a guy took the lights and wire off , all junk I might add ... 2 days later some one got what looked like rollers ..... the a scrap guy grabbed the frame and everything else that was ( rusted on ) bolted ... total 3 days and the yard was clean ! take a picture ..I wish we had..

I put my old trailer , just too short for my 20' boat, on the roadside, 20 minutes later I thought to remove the jack and it was gone already.

Someone can always make a utility trailer from them.

I have a boat with trailer that I want to get rid of. The boat is damaged. It was left at my house when I moved in. 

6 mins ago, Guest Nicole said:

I have a boat with trailer that I want to get rid of. The boat is damaged. It was left at my house when I moved in. 

Can you post a pic and general location?

Any chance it is a dual axle trailer, with title, and located in MA or southern NH?  If it is, I will take it.

sam

Be careful cutting galvanized metals .heard it not good to breath from my welders... 

If you have the title someone will come get it for free or next to nothing. There somone out there that needs the tounge with Vin and title to get a plate. They could care less about everything else.  

Search for metal scrap collectors and they will take it for free.  Had a guy once take the wheel barrow that wasn't included but let him since I was grateful he took everything else. 

On 8/30/2022 at 7:59 AM, 757saltwater said:

Be careful cutting galvanized metals .heard it not good to breath from my welders... 

If you have the title someone will come get it for free or next to nothing. There somone out there that needs the tounge with Vin and title to get a plate. They could care less about everything else.  

NEVER, EVER torch cut galvanized metals, use a reciprocating saw on them. As others have said, list it for free on CL or FB marketplace and it'll be gone quickly. I picked up a Jetski trailer to make a small dump trailer out of for free.