Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
browndrake

Go to soft plastics??

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I find that one of the baits I always have on me are the 7inch

Slug-Go Fin-S Fish in black/silver and blue/green spec. I was curious to see what everyone elses choices are in soft plastic baits and when you choose to use them. i.e What do you toss in the spring and summer as opposed to the fall. What are your typical choices and why??

Ant

I like Berkley Powerbait 7" sickle-tail worms in dark red or blue fleck. These things are killers on the Weakies.

There are many ways to rig 'em. Traditional styles, as trailers, teasers, etc.

Try 'em out. Slow and low....

------------------

THE KID [a.k.a. "BLACKBALL"]

The 7 inch AND the 10 inch Fin S are great this time of year when the bass are chasing river herring. Also the 7" Kalin black over pearl.

Having said that, I had to go smaller, to a 5"(?) Fin S black over pearl this morning to attract a single 20" bass.

For Fluke early in the season I like a Fin-s or similar type plastic in Arkansas Shiner.

White is usually productive too especially during dusk.

Pink and combinations with pink seem to work especially well for weakfish.

finnese fishys,suggers,hurricanes,power pogeys especially ion glow in the dark for at nite, etc etc the usual.black back n pearl or blueback n pearl or rainbow trout,solid white with spikit dyed chart tails,the list goes on....

5" Bass assasins in albino shad worked very weel for me last season. Looking forward to trying out some of the new 5" wildeye minnows I have for this year.

------------------

Joe

Stranded in Albany

GO NAVY

7 inch rainbow trout Fin-S and 10 inch strawberry Manns worms. This year I will be working with the 5 inch bunker Storm wildeye shads too.

[This message has been edited by doughboy (edited 04-10-2002).]

I dont really have a go to plastic.. The problem with me is the bait these fish are on is constantly changing Or I am consistently fsihing different areas. if it were peanuts, I would use a sassy shad.. if it is spearing or larger sand eels, I'd use a cuckhoe, if it were smaller sand eels, like a hatch or something, I d use fin s. .problem is, I constantly change and I always have em all , just in case.. I think as a general rule, rubbas (as thill would say) are under used.. they have replaced bucktails in many of the presentations I use..

BC

They have become a main stay in my ALREADY to HEAVY bag.2&1 1/2 oz.BassAssasins in Albinosea shads and assorted WildEyes.They are in the must have catagory.rolleyes.gif

------------------

eddie p

Fin-S Arkansas Shiner. I've caught Stripers, Weaks, Fluke and even stargazers on these.

However, the Storm Wild-eyes are gonna get alot of attention this year.

------------------

yueng.gifneeds_a_shave.gif

Beyond 7 followed closely by Trojans... oh wait a minute, I prefer the FinS in bubblegum, but when I'm rigging them for daisy chain teasers for fluke drifting, I prefer natural colors.

I do agree w./ Hat- Storms are gonna be getting a work out this year!