Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bradW

Lure ID?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

ok, i was going to post this in the lure building forum but i didn't build this one, so i thought i would get a little more help here. i found this plug while helping my neighbor clean out her basement after her husband had died. she gave me this big bucket full of old plugs and this one was in it. it was all dusty and dirty and one of my dad's friends helped me clean it all up. it looks like it has never been used. im wondering if anyone recognizes it or knows who may have made it. it is made out of plastic, but the hinges and hooks are bronze. the fins are also made from a wierd kind of material which allows them to flow through the water.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

greenplug.gif

Dunno what it is, but I'd use it.

A few years back, I found these mullet shaped lures with a capped hole in the bottom, where you could pour in some fish oil or other scent. Looked just like yours, except that they weren't jointed. I bought one for myself, and one for Hawg Hunter Brad. We called em the Pogie Plug. I took mine down to the ledge near pole 145 one night. The thing casted like a boot, but I had a keeper on it, first cast (this was when keepers were either 34" or 36"). Caught a few more fish on it that night.

Of course, I left it in my bag, and put the bag away at my mom's place in South Plymouth. Went home to NY. Next time I came down, pogie juice had leaked all over the place. Bag stunk like hell, the pogie plug wass crusted with dried juice, as well as every other plug in the bag. I took the wood out and soeaked it in kerosene, and threw all of the plastic plugs, including the pogie plug, as well as the bag, off the railroad bridge over Buttermilk Bay biggrin.gif

mike, i would use it, but my father would kill me. he seems to think that it is worth some substantial amount of money. i would rather doubt that point, but again, i really don't want to cross him.. eek.gif

when i first looked at it i thought if i use that bad boy i know ill catch a honker. maybe someday ill take it out, but with my luck, id take two casts and snap off on the third.

mad.gifhammer-time.gifmad.gif

I believe it's called a "KING STRIKEE" the fins were made of eelskin or something like that, when wet they get soft and very supple. Probably worth around 20 bucks or so HappyWave.gif

thanks capesams...

you must be very knowledgeable about these things.

thanks for your help.

now i know i can use it and not feel bad about losing it! biggrin.gif

made buy the naturalure bait co..1950

queen strikee..7"-3 0z.

tropical...3 7/8"- 5/8 oz

minnow....." " "

mint with box,,maybe around 30.00

Hey Sam, Lucky's calls it a King and Whites calls it a Queen, who's right? There are many mistakes in both books but Karl White had alot better imagination biggrin.gif