Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-Haystak-

Ditch...

Rate this topic

131 posts in this topic

View PostI truely appreciated your post in the above matter and with out question perhaps many will further understand the importance of leaving the location[spot] out of the message, but every thing else is fair game.clapping.gif

Some whom contribute here on a regular basis will feel more in tune to what the values we all can share together here ON SOL.clapping.gifbiggrin.gif

We all know it is a fine line at times and when it is questionable I hope all will follow the guidlines. Keeping peace here is paramount to keeping peace out on the water while we all fishcwm15.gif

I like wat you said | and fish breaking this morning in canal i ccaught a blue few nights ago my friend caught a 39 in. fish chunking a beach in scituate on a full tide.

All lovely sentiments, but there are some yahoos here who will even attack someone for posting a "I caught fish on Cape Cod" report. Essentially they want to bully anything that remotely smacks of reporting completely off the boards. Which is why you get the facetious "there are no fish in RI or the Cape" reports among other things. Sorry, but in general I don't need the hassle of posting anything that could be construed as a report here (although I may do so elsewhere where it seems to be less of an issue, generally because of less interest and lower volume). Life's too short and I'd rather spend it fishing than arguing with some nincompoop about so-called spot burning.

-bd

View PostI truely appreciated your post in the above matter and with out question perhaps many will further understand the importance of leaving the location[spot] out of the message, but every thing else is fair game.clapping.gif

Some whom contribute here on a regular basis will feel more in tune to what the values we all can share together here ON SOL.clapping.gifbiggrin.gif

We all know it is a fine line at times and when it is questionable I hope all will follow the guidlines. Keeping peace here is paramount to keeping peace out on the water while we all fishcwm15.gif

Posted (edited) · Report post

Another great read from years ago. A window into the past to show where the attitudes of online reports were at the time. 

Edited by Tailslap

well at least I made it into this thread...Young Toot...forgot about that...LOL...

19 years here, DJ gave me my one and only infraction/point (whatever)...think he felt bad about it too...

1 hour ago, BluesCruiser said:

Got to get those numbers off the poles next time I'm down

Theres an app for that. :witty:

On 7/12/2019 at 3:58 AM, jettyjockey18 said:

well at least I made it into this thread...Young Toot...forgot about that...LOL...

19 years here, DJ gave me my one and only infraction/point (whatever)...think he felt bad about it too...

Tim bounced him, I didn't. I don't remember ever banning anyone in this forum. :headscratch:

Man I bet a lot of guys changed their mind about fishing reports. Even Tim I bet. Those guys sticking up for reports can truly see what reports did to the canal. 

Anyone who feels SOL is soley responsible for the present state of fishing is either woefully out of touch, or promoting an agenda.

Every major newspaper ( remember them) has an outdoor column. My old hometown paper, Worc Telegram,  doesn't stop promoting the canal until Thanksgiving.  There's FB. OTW mag, and their almost realtime tv commercials. The cell phone network!  Please hydraman, don't tell me you've never seen the phone network in action. Every tackle shop from Bourne to Block Island promotes the canal as the grestest place on earth.

Due to seals and a declining biomass the beaches are no longer a prime destination. Then to top it all off, you have two major highways that bring you directly to the canal at 70mph.  

You don't need an advanced degree in urban planning to see that there's a lot of factors in place, and not just SOL. :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, bob_G said:

Anyone who feels SOL is soley responsible for the present state of fishing is either woefully out of touch, or promoting an agenda.

Every major newspaper ( remember them) has an outdoor column. My old hometown paper, Worc Telegram,  doesn't stop promoting the canal until Thanksgiving.  There's FB. OTW mag, and their almost realtime tv commercials. The cell phone network!  Please hydraman, don't tell me you've never seen the phone network in action. Every tackle shop from Bourne to Block Island promotes the canal as the grestest place on earth.

Due to seals and a declining biomass the beaches are no longer a prime destination. Then to top it all off, you have two major highways that bring you directly to the canal at 70mph.  

You don't need an advanced degree in urban planning to see that there's a lot of factors in place, and not just SOL. :rolleyes:

I’m not saying it’s sol fault. I’m just pointing out that people really see what reports have done to fishing now more than ever. I don’t use social media of any kind except sol. I  live on Long Island and seen  first hand what reports did to Montauk the people and poaching it caused. Other reason is  Montauk has become a rich folk destination and priced me and my young family out. But will still do over nights and enjoy some fishing. Just hearing about what you guys have to go thru and all the crowds makes me cringe. God bless and I hope you get some sort of relief from all the crowds.