Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-Haystak-

Ditch...

Rate this topic

131 posts in this topic

View Post----

Amen. Couldnt agree with you more on this point. I'ven been down there all season long even when the ditch is dead(even when I know it), going to work on a few hours of sleep 3-4 times a week, driving 1.5 hours both ways, getting skunked multiple times but still continue to make the trek b/c of the love for fishing just like a lot of you guys. Not trying to sound like I am better than anyone else in here. Then when things finally do lighten up in a certain fishing spot you got the news reporter on the loud speaker spouting off. Its obvious that the striperfest is going on this weekend and people will be down there anyway but even if there wasn't threads like this would get posted. There's no need. Make your own reports and keep em to yourself or share them with your closest fishing buddies. When you have an influx of googans and non-canalers show up b/c of posts like this, lets not hear of any complaining. It seems that its pretty standard from people that post threads like this to go down that road

I'll say hello to you Haystak highfive.gif . matter of fact ill say hi to anyone that I cross path wtih biggrin.gif

View PostLMFAO...figured I'd get that response, even some dude has the balls to PM me about sharing the fact that there are fish in the cape cod canal..... Say hello and thanks if any of U cross my path this weekend....

Just so U know, the only reason I wnet down is I saw JPowers post about the few fish he saw with empty bellys, 20-30lbs...

Funny how that post goes un harassed...

man I mention a place that has 14 miles of shore fishing and its a "SpotBurn".

I'll be there Fri and Sat and hope to see fisherman out in record #'s, all because of my post tongue.gif

"Stupid" fishing phase 1 was Mem Day to June 15. "Stupid" fishing phase 2 is happening right now. And not just at the Canal.

Wet a line in the nearest puddle for a couple of hrs on any tide and the chances are you'll have a tight line.

-bd

View PostLook, the canal is literally ALIVE with bass at the moment. Unlike anything I've seen in decades. They're all through the length of the ditch, hitting anything presented in front of their nose. It's now or never, you can't miss.

Give the guy next to you plenty of room, and go catch fish.highfive.gifclapping.gificon14.gif

View Post----

another worthwhile contribution from young <Edit>...cwm33.gifcwm33.gifcwm33.gif

for someone that thinks SOL and its members all suck, you sure keep up with the goings on around here cwm13.gif ...i'd post a more explicit opinion, but i don't want the mods to hafta delete it...beatin.gif

btw, did i miss the part of haystacks post that burns a specific spot?? fish in the canal in octoberconfused.gifconfused.gif wow, now that's a well kept secret...kooky.gif

Funny, I was at a somewhat popular spot this morning with a friend from Jersey, and we were the only two there.............oh wait, there was one another guy way in the distance......

So much for this fishing site "ruining" the fishing........rolleyes.gif

wink.gif

And yes, we both caught fish.......nothing spectacular, but fish none the less......

I was also ALONE last night until I quit at 2am and with the exception of Bill D and DJ a couple of other nights have been most of the week. So SOL didn't burn my location. Of course, I have no friends anyway, so you can't go by me.shaky.gif

Very rarely am I ever crowded out of a Canal spot at night anymore, because for all the sound and fury about spot-burning, there have just been less people fishing at night in recent years. Perhaps the "ruination" comments are directed more to the daytime fishery, but you sure couldn't prove it by what I'm seeing after dark.

I see more lobster and short bass poachers than real fishermen. kooky.gif

-bd

View PostFunny, I was at a somewhat popular spot this morning with a friend from Jersey, and we were the only two there.............oh wait, there was one another guy way in the distance......

So much for this fishing site "ruining" the fishing........rolleyes.gif

wink.gif

And yes, we both caught fish.......nothing spectacular, but fish none the less......

View PostI was also ALONE last night until I quit at 2am and with the exception of Bill D and DJ a couple of other nights have been most of the week. So SOL didn't burn my location. Of course, I have no friends anyway, so you can't go by me.shaky.gif

did somebody take a day off today?????????

Posted in the Race Point thread, but it's how I feel about part of this one.

View PostI've said it before, and I'll say it again---there is no upside to posting catch reports on the internet.

No matter how general the report location is, someone will complain about spot burning.

The cell phone guys will cry that it's "the internet" ruining a spot rather than their own town crier antics. Remember--as I learned again this week--three can keep a secret only if two of them are dead shakehead.gif

Someone with keyboard muscles will call you a liar.

The holier than thou C&R types will flame you for killing a big fish.

There is no upside to it.

I don't blame you one bit for saying "no mas".

Forgot to mention in it, if you post a picture of a nice fish, someone will accuse you of photoshopping it and start analyzing shadows cwm27.gif

Then, there's the other part, the part about "hypocrisy".

Without pointing fingers ar anyone in particular, in general, how many of "the internet is ruining the Canal" types are part of a cell phone fishing tree? I know quite a few people who badmouth this website offline, who lurk here and read online reports that are 2-3 days old, and are also on the phone sharing real-time reports as the fish are still being unhooked. Some even get on the horn when it's someone they don't even know with fish--I've had people phone in my catching (although I do try my best to remain unseen). Do you guys really think that those reports stay "in network"? Do you really think that your "trusted" friends don't owe favors? People who rely on others to find fish, whether by lurking online or being part of a phone tree, tend to owe these kinds of favors. Ever hear the old saying, "three can keep a secret as long as two of them are dead"? There's a lot of truth to that. I can count the number of people that I share my catching with on one hand, and three of them have posted in here already.

People who used to look for me in my "usual" spots haven't seen me there this year--and for good reason. There are simply other places on the Canal that give up fish in size and numbers, that no one fishes.

Before anyone throws stones, maybe they should ask themselves whether they live in a glass house.

I was alone at the ditch last night for most of the time. One guy rode his bike by me and I was shocked because he actually responded to my hello and stopped to talk.

I haven't seen the hordes yet.

View PostI was alone at the ditch last night for most of the time. One guy rode his bike by me and I was shocked because he actually reponsed to my hello and stopped to talk.

I haven't seen the hordes yet.

I've been alone most of the year, except for those nights when I met people who I wanted to fish with anyway. And on those nights, we've been alone. wink.gif

And it's not like we're going out of our way to stay invisible cwm27.gif