Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-Haystak-

Ditch...

Rate this topic

131 posts in this topic

View PostIf it goes like the Fling did, there will be no problem, especially at night. wink.gif

-bd

true but if 10% of the 10K fisherman at striperfest fish then that is still too many people fishing.

View Post Just so U know, the only reason I wnet down is I saw JPowers post about the few fish he saw with empty bellys, 20-30lbs...

Funny how that post goes un harassed...

I thought the same thing.

Even though your original post sucked, the hypocrisy in this forum sucks even worse. beatin.gif

the Cape Cod Canal has fish swimming in it does not quantify as spot burning.argue.gif

This has been discussed over many spring and fall runs when the fish make there annual runs comming and going.

It is mearly a location where one with due diligance and the right presentation will be lucky enough to put a nice fish on the end of there line.clapping.gif

YOU JUST NEED TO PUT IN THE TIME and be ready when she hits.cwm15.gif

The big ditch offers up many opporunities, that also brings other fishermen to its shores, during these specific times mentioned above. This has been even more apparent as those whom have fished the beaches at those time decide to not go to the beaches because of the added expence of fuel and lodging. This is nothing new in my over 60 years of fishing the Cape COd Canal. When the times get hard, folks whom enjoy fishing will make changes to accommodate the pocket book and a few locations will become used more.

The mentioning of rips is like mentioning a stone next to the road, some rips are better worked during a west run and others are better worked during an east run, some can hold fish in both . YOU JUST NEED TO PUT IN THE TIME TO KNOW WHEN> highfive.gifbiggrin.gif

Carl I think the general consenses is from people who do put in time and alot of it cwm15.gif then get screwed all nite or day by the clueless folks that only fish when these type reports go on the airargue.gif but what do I know highfive.gifbiggrin.gif

as my good freind stated last nite " these people don't even realize that they are their own worst enemy "

I completly understand your fustration in the above matter and you are not alone, but in the end, as you know, we all live a free democratic society.

Given the present guidlines here at SOL it does not violate those guidelines, nor does it warrant any sanctionsbiggrin.gifwink.gifargue.gif

Now if had mentioned it was a one, two, or a three pole rip you would have even a better idea to fish biggrin.gifwink.gifhighfive.gif

I don't need info I can catch fish just fine even all summer when others struggle thats the payback I get for " PUTTING IN MY TIME " smile.gif if you cant catch fish in the spring or fall you got issues cwm27.gif

Guys, what Carl said!

You've got to put in the time. While Haystak's post left little to the imagination as to where he was fishing, it was still a 'fishing report'. I guess I would have prefered it to be a bit more vague as to locationshaky.gif , but if we don't have actual fishing reports on the Ma forum, then what's really left to talk about?headscratch.gif You can only go so far with tying the perfect palomar knot or double uni knot, or the advantages of a conventional over a spinning rod when jigging. After a while, those topics get.....cwm33.gif

Look, the canal is literally ALIVE with bass at the moment. Unlike anything I've seen in decades. They're all through the length of the ditch, hitting anything presented in front of their nose. It's now or never, you can't miss.

Give the guy next to you plenty of room, and go catch fish.highfive.gifclapping.gificon14.gif

View PostI don't need info I can catch fish just fine even all summer when others struggle thats the payback I get for " PUTTING IN MY TIME " smile.gif if you cant catch fish in the spring or fall you got issues cwm27.gif

Since you "catch bass all summer long" missing a few days because of the crowds wont kill you....or any other local canal fisherman. It is a Wednesday during October with a slack at 1am...do you actually think that that 10K regular joe fishermen are going to show up and take over the place because of the first post? kooky.gif

View PostSince you "catch bass all summer long" missing a few days because of the crowds wont kill you....or any other local canal fisherman. It is a Wednesday during October with a slack at 1am...do you actually think that that 10K regular joe fishermen are going to show up and take over the place because of the first post? kooky.gif

As far as the missing days it kills me, as far as standing in line 14 deep to cast with people casting over you while you reel in fish or cast before you and catch a fish right as your jig hits the water and you reel in yet still cross over em yeah it kills me L all im sayin is the place is a mess already it don't need more help

View Post----

I suck at typing so there cwm27.gif