Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EAD

Sedan Truck Mod Ideas

4 posts in this topic

Sorry guys, I know this is the beach buggy forum but theres no where else for us buggy-less fellows!

Anyone have any ideas, or better yet, already done it and have pictures of, for a modified sedan trunk? I am a bit of an organization freak and my car isn't supportive of that.

I have no problem breaking down my stuff at the end of the day, but it would be nice to have some hangers for the pole pieces, and maybe a rack to get the tackle boxes off the ground to create more space. Then maybe some kind of tray for other things. Problem is, I am not at this sort of thing and without an idea to go by I have a hard time.

Any ideas or suggestions. I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima and can provide pictures if necessary.

Thanks a pretty good idea if I had overnight equipment but I like being able to be in and out of my trunk a lot as most Carp fishing is done bank side. (Don't know if I mentioned thats what I'd I am looking to mod my trunk for.) So more than half the places I fish for them I can drive right up to my spot. The other half I'll be too far from my car to make a difference, but it would still be nice for everything to always have a spot.

It just sucks always putting things away neatly in the trunk and everything thats not touching the trunk/low to the ground ends up a mess by the time you get home.

well for hooks for rods, cheap, you could use galvanized strapping. It's like moldable galvanized steel with 3/8" holes drilled into it. Would look a little shoddy, but would work. I think that instead of hangers to hold tackle boxes, you should look at like a 2nd trunk idea. Like a plywood box with lifting lid that you can tuck all your stuff into, and still have a large flat surface to put other stuff on.