Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bad red

the future of A.I.

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

how to improve our parkmy idea of changing the federal park at assateague go like this;1st Improve the o.s.v by stop using closures as a way of policing the zone. Reopen the the back road and restore some of the ramps to allow more access to the beach.2nd change the vehicle density to 50 per mile. 3rd Reopen some of the roads to the bayside in the o.s.v. for clamming, kayaking and bait fishing so it could resume as it once did. 4th Stop using the o.s.v.section for growing plants that die anyway and for bird rearing that never amounts to anything ,let the resource people use the part of the park that is already closesd to vehicles for their projects on the Virginia side.5th make fishing ,hunting and beach activities the primary uses for the o.s.v.section. I hope other users of this great place can come up with some ideas of what they would like to see happen in the years to come.

i agree.

badred and possum for prez.

no more closures, most of us have been fishing and driving on ai for longer than the latest crop of rangers have been alive, we are attuned to the place and the natural order of things. the last thing we need is people who don't understand winds and tides and their effect on the beaches to be closing us out.

nobody cares more for the wildlife and ecology than us.

Yeah, how many of those bucks even know what rollover is? You can leave it alone completely, and it's going to be completely different in 50 years. Anyone ever take a good walk down from the fence into VA? Notice the higher concentration of trash? Why more trash where there's no traffic? Because we pick up trash where we fish! Most of the junk on AI is from the tide, not the traffic! And I'll be damned if Horses are a natural part of the eco-system! We pay taxes AND use fees for this beach, and what do we get? A flippin air pump and a raft of $h!T! I like the idea of asking for MORE!

this is the reason why you an others need to be at these meetings start to finish, if you want me an others to talk for you ,then that means you are willing to accept what i or we or they have in mind .

when i was in the army in 67 to 70 there was no i in team, when one got up an ran forward we all got up an ran forward .well guys an gals its time for you to pick up the ball an run with it ,make your goverment work for you ,if you going to whip out your pee pea an hide behind a tree , then you will just have to take what i we or they say,steve give me a brake on the save gas an not polluteing the air , every time i fart i pollute the air an thats a lot , i'm sureprized you an bad red haven't got a wift of it up there must be wrong wind direction lol

beatin.gifargue.gifargue.gifargue.gif

beatin.gifkooky.gif

View Posthow to improve our parkmy idea of changing the federal park at assateague go like this;1st Improve the o.s.v by stop using closures as a way of policing the zone. Reopen the the back road and restore some of the ramps to allow more access to the beach.2nd change the vehicle density to 50 per mile. 3rd Reopen some of the roads to the bayside in the o.s.v. for clamming, kayaking and bait fishing so it could resume as it once did. 4th Stop using the o.s.v.section for growing plants that die anyway and for bird rearing that never amounts to anything ,let the resource people use the part of the park that is already closesd to vehicles for their projects on the Virginia side.5th make fishing ,hunting and beach activities the primary uses for the o.s.v.section. I hope other users of this great place can come up with some ideas of what they would like to see happen in the years to come.

icon14.gificon14.gif

I sent this:

My comments will center around the use and improvement of the OSV zone. I spend many days each year driving to and from the island to fish the surf. Now that my son is getting older I will likely be adding a camper to my truck in the hopes of using the bullpen as well. Here are a few recommendations that I believe have merit but they are not free by any stretch.

1. Limit the amount of access restriction by:

a. Service the back road as the primary access road, ramps off the back road would provide access to open areas of the beach

b. The back road and ramp access would allow for "detours" around plover nesting and washout areas but keep access open to the majority of the island

c. Raise the vehicle limit

i. I will often wait in line, only to be the only vehicle on the lower 8 miles of beach

The back road would be expensive to bring back to "code" but would likely pay for itself via lower AINS vehicle maintenance over time. I think it is very likely you could even hold a fund raiser and attain the funds needed for the road. This is a widely held sentiment and I think it should be seriously considered. It may be what is best for the wildlife, the island, and most importantly the taxpayers using the island for what it was intended for.

To this address:

ASIS_GMP@nps.gov

Thanks for stoking the fire Bad Red