Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

Tim - What rod/ReelLine

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

While anxiously awaiting jumping in your grave, standing on the beach - I was watching you cast. With no effort, you were chuching some sort of wood really far. If I saw anyone else casting, I'd have the same question, it's just that Tim happened to be next to me at the time.

Billy

Yo Billy, I am still in googan stages, but the one thing I learned is that when I added power pro (30#) to my BG30, I did mucho for my casting distance.

I just assumed that you don't use braid.

Luke - my bad - at the time I was stalking him, he was using a conventional set up. Maybe I should've added that. I assumed that everyone only brought along one rod. Duh.

Oh, then it was a Abu Mag Elite. He probably had 65# Whiplash on there. As for the rod he might have been using his GSB120 1L, but I'm not sure.

Can you tell I've been stalking him? wink.gif

luke

OK, no more stalkin' me!?! cwm24.gifcwm24.gif I'm gonna get a complex cwm13.gif

It was a 6500 Mag Elite and the rod was a Lamiglas 9 foot salmon rod blem that I wrapped this spring. It's amazing how much I've fallen in love with that $10 blem icon14.gif I'm not 100% certain of the model, something 108 1MH or 1H or 1M...I can't remember. It's not the standard surf stuff, but a salmon blank. It's very nice and does a wonderful job with wood and with eels smile.gif

So, who we gonna stalk this weekend? wink.gif

TimS

Thanks. Those are the best blanks - the ones you have no idea what model they are. People always want to ask about that one. Then when you tell them you're really not sure, they think you're full of it. I have a couple like that myself, and I always get the same lok when I tell then I don't know what it is: cwm13.gif

Billy

So, who we gonna stalk this weekend? ;

The white girls with the black stripes.

wink.gif

Sorry 'bout the stalkin', Tim. Don't worry though. It's not I'm gonna boil the pet rabbit or anything. wink.gif

luke

Billy, I don't know the blank off the top of my head - but I could go through my old order and figger it out wink.gif

Luke, hey, you were on my team for the Fling - that ain't stalkin' it's Flingin' smile.gif

Anyway, I don't have a bunny and if you tried to stuff Calvin in a pot...well, let's just say at 18#, he defends himself perty well cwm24.gifwink.gifsmile.gif

TimS