SurfKing

Show us your GRS Big Water Lures

922 posts in this topic

Here's mine. I traded Gary for a few of them. Don't tell him but I think I got the better of the deal. Hopefully, this time next year, they'll be all scarred up! Most are slims with the exception of the blackfish in the top picture.

Extra Large Giant Diving Jointed next to a Giant Eelskin for scale. I love the Deep Diving Slims. Especially in the black/gold and that schoolbus color Paul S has pictured above. That parrot is nice also. Have to get one of those. They all catch!

That jointed is sweet...I caught a nice fish on a std jointed last season and now I am hooked on his plugs. Got my tracking number yesterday from Gary..I will post some pics when my stash arrives.

View PostIMHO Gary is the most underrated builder I know.

Rephrase that, the most under the radar builder I know. His work is impeccable, among the very best out there.

+3 ... Gary makes a great plug that has the knack for culling Big Fish from the school.....

As beautiful as his lures are they should be collected and showcased BUT since they are proven big fish catchers I just can't leave mine hanging at home collecting dust.....

The finish is tough as nails and the lip does not move or bend even after a long night getting crushed and jammed in the rocks on almost every cast by fish in the 20-30+# class...

My only regret from last season is not having a camera to take a picture of the fish that took a Giant Pike sideways....

I picked up his squid on Block a few gears back and its by far my fav plug.

The action is sweet, the only problem is I baby it around the rocks and kelp because im afraid Im going to lose it. redface.gif

Gary makes qualityheart.gif

I just learned that if the GRS logo is on the back of the plug, its a floater and if its on the middle of the plug, its a diver.

Take a closelook the lips are also stamped

m or d for medium or deep. The quickest way Gary told

me to tell the divers and regulars apart is the divers have screwed in lips at least on the slims. I have to check my regular pikes I'm not sure about them. When I first ordered from him I asked if was going to be able to easily tell all the different models apart and he gave me all the above info. I figured I might have to swim them to tell. These little markings make it allot easier at night.