Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hunt for blueessss

4am Hotspot

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Last night was the scariest night in the scariest place i've ever fished in my life smile.gif but by 515am it became one of my greatest spots ever smile.gif home by 7 soaking wet but wearing a million dollar smile! they're still out there! but i think i'm done for a while now.

sniffle snifflecwm33.gifhighfive.gif

caught on 5 1/2" silver deadly dick, fast retrieve

that was the only keeper of the night. the surf is a scary place. i felt like a child when a large wave would chase me away from the water line, took some getting used to! then i finally made my way in. my only tip to the newbies like me is to go to the gym and strengthen your legs to try and catch up to the veteran surf fisherman. taking hits from those waves all night killed me

...and the deer and coyotes in the bushes didn't hell my anxiety of being eaten alive by whatever the mystical bush creature wasbeers.gif but thanks for the encouragement everyone. it feels great to catch another monster on the year!!!!

Congratulations, I wish you many more. You've taken the first step to consistent success: a willingness to try something new, go beyond your comfort zone. That's the key.

View Postthat was the only keeper of the night. the surf is a scary place. i felt like a child when a large wave would chase me away from the water line, took some getting used to! then i finally made my way in. my only tip to the newbies like me is to go to the gym and strengthen your legs to try and catch up to the veteran surf fisherman. taking hits from those waves all night killed me

...and the deer and coyotes in the bushes didn't hell my anxiety of being eaten alive by whatever the mystical bush creature wasbeers.gif but thanks for the encouragement everyone. it feels great to catch another monster on the year!!!!

How far into the water are you going. If I am fishing in CT, I will fish up to my waist. Fishing in Rhode Island, or those odd times you actually get waves in CT, I rarely go past my knees. Not much need to go in any farther than that.

View Postthat was the only keeper of the night. the surf is a scary place. i felt like a child when a large wave would chase me away from the water line, took some getting used to! then i finally made my way in. my only tip to the newbies like me is to go to the gym and strengthen your legs to try and catch up to the veteran surf fisherman. taking hits from those waves all night killed me

Careful now, if your working that hard in the surf you might want to back up a little. If your not already, sounds like you might be a wet-suiter.