Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bassassination

I want more beautiful bass in my life...

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

So what gives? I must be doing something wrong this year. I live on the Presumpscot river and fish about 3 or 4 times a week. For the last month I have been skunked!!! Early season was an absolute massacre in the river but now it seems it's hide and seek time. After the fish left the river I have been trying two lights area, Mackworth and around peaks, no luck with many hours logged. With that being said I am not looking for your secret honey hole, more I am looking for some sound advice for my situation.

My boat is moored in the river which is tidal, I have a 6 hour window everyday that I can get out (3 hrs before and 3 hrs after high tide) after this time it's mud flats. I almost always fish using live macks, chunk mack or if I'm trolling it's the tube with with the worm. I have had decent luck fishing these ways in the past but lately I can't catch anything but a buzz and a sunburn!

Am I fishing at the wrong time? (tide permitting I am almost always out when I can fish the sunset) Or am I in the wrong spots for this time of year? Bait? Water temp? Mindset? What's my problem?!!