Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SurfGuy85

plastic plugs

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

does any one on here know about making plastic plugs? i guess something like a superstrike or redfin style plastics. any idea of the process, molds, materiels an safety?

thanks

ant.

View Postdoes any one on here know about making plastic plugs? i guess something like a superstrike or redfin style plastics. any idea of the process, molds, materiels an safety?

thanks

ant.

Dig in the archives under Husky, you will find loads of info..

View Postdoes any one on here know about making plastic plugs? i guess something like a superstrike or redfin style plastics. any idea of the process, molds, materiels an safety?

thanks

ant.

There was an article in the Hunting and Fishing Collectables Magazine about the plastic Super Strike plugs and how they were made exc. Talking to Steve, he said you are better off buying a car than buying the molds. They go for a LOT of money.

-Vinny

I've been messing with Urethane resin lures lately.

I got a couple coming along nicely right now.

A wobbler and a glider.

When I'm done, I'll post pic's

Husky has been giving me some advice.

He da man.

thanks

ant.

I'm busy on that very thing at the moment. I'll post pics when I've gotten a little further but I remember Rowhunter posted pics of his molds and the lure he made.

I used Aluma#### White Super Plastic and other than the color I didn't like it(Too Soft and much too expensive) when microballons were added. I do wan't to try the clear they make though. I'm using a resin from a Co. that sells on the big auction site.(Das### AP-40) It's an off white(Bone) color and it's much harder and cheaper.