Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HellRaY

ATTENTION: Shimano STELLA JDM OWNERS

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Shimano Japan has a recall for all stella JDM 2008. Contact the people where you got your stellas. PArt No. 53 and 54 are going to be replaced. They are doing this for free.

Thanks - I guess that is what mine is - I bought it on the bay last year and haven't ever used it. Seller probably won't do anything for me, but I'll contact him and ask.

Thanks again!

View PostThanks - I guess that is what mine is - I bought it on the bay last year and haven't ever used it. Seller probably won't do anything for me, but I'll contact him and ask.

Thanks again!

If you bought it on ebay it's probably the USA Model. If you still have the box it will say JDM on the box or not.If it doesnt say JDM don't worry.The ones for US market are slitly different.

I think I bought it before the USA ones came out.

As I recall - the instructions are in Japaneese.

I'll take a look at the box - I asked the seller about warranty when I bought it and he said he'd help me send it back to Japan for service if I needed it - but I don't know whether or not he really would.

Tried to PM you this question first, but I couldn't.

I have a Japan version Stella SW800PG, the instuctions are all in Japaneese.

Mine is the moel with the carbon fiber handle knob.

The box does not say JDM (in English anyway).

The parts - #53 and #54 on the scematics for my reel are the bail spring cover and its screw - are these the parts being recalled?

Just want to see if I have anything to be concerned about.

お客様各位

2009年10月19日

株式会社 シマノ釣具事業部

日頃はシマノ製品をご高 配賜り誠にありがとうございます。

このたび、2008年4月より販売しております『08ステラSW 』、同じく本年3月より販売しております『 09ツインパワーSW』のアームローラーに錆びが発生するものが一部混入している事が判明しました 。

現時点でお客様がご使用中の製品において錆の発生がなければ、ご使用を継続いただいても支障ござ いませんが 、弊社では原因調査と対策を進め、この度、現行アームローラーより数段優れた防錆性能の新アー ムローラーを 開発しました。

日頃シマノ製品をご愛好いただいているお客様には、より安心で満足のゆく釣行をして いただきたく、今回の新 アームローラーに無償交換させていただきます。

ご不明な点がございましたら。下記弊社「お客様相談 窓口」までご連絡下さい。

Here is the message translated by Yahoo:

Customer everyone 2009 October 19th corporation [shimano] fishing tackle division The [shimano] product the high distribution granting thank you always truly. This each time, we sell from 2008 April, '08 steles SW', we sell similarly from this year March, 'those where the rust occurs in the arm roller of 09 twin powers SW' were ascertained part having mixed. If there is no occurrence of the rust in the product where the customer is in the midst of using at present time, you continuing use, there is no hindrance, but at our company cause investigation and measure were advanced, this time, the new arm roller of the rust prevention efficiency which is superior than the current arm roller extremely was developed. Always, from doing the 釣 line where satisfaction goes in relief, we would like to receive in the customer whom love it has received the [shimano] product, to the latest new arm roller gratuitously exchange. When there is an unclear point. To the below-mentioned our company "the customer consultation window" communication.

I sent an email to a Japanese shop yesterday asking about this issue. got the follwoing reply today.

Dear Michael.

Thank you for your letter. I talked with SHIMANO. They say there is arm roller patch who received thin coating and installed in some STELLA. The reels affected are few than 1% but SHIMANO required by Japanese law to issue recall for customers who want to peace of mind. SHIMANO say the affected reels will still higher corrosion resistant than competition reels and it does not corrosion if you wash reel by fresh water after fishing trips. If you have affected STELLA and want to replace arm roller please contact your seller. We only able to help our cutstomers who bought reels from our shop. SHIMANO will return after installed new arm roller in 2-3 weeks.

Regards

My reel is fine but disappointed with shimano. 3 weeks to replace a line roller? if they really stand by their product they should replace the reels with brand new ones free of charge. it is their fault and fishmermen who spent BIG money for them don't have to sit and wait for 3 weeks. is this the premium service we hear about? confused.gif