Officers Hook Summer Flounder Violators

Rate this topic

joeturse

View PostPolitics or not, there are no excuses for breaking the law, period. It's a shame guys will do stuff they normally wouldn't do to attract customers in these tough economic times. I've met him a couple times - he can be nice but he's one tough SOB who you don't want to get on his wrong side.

Why don't U post the same crap in another thread...make it three forums. cwm33.gif

Shipwreck you hit the nail on the head. This is all about politics and an ongoing beef thats been around for awhile. I still have all the respect in the world for the Capt., and crew of the boat and I will continue to give them my business as normal (Nov. thru Jan.). Yeah, what happened is wrong, but the rules they broke were also wrong. The real crime is that effin 18 in. limit in the first place, or even worse, throwing back a guthooked 17in. flounder to die for no reason at all.

I've known Capt Chris for some time now. I think he is a good man and a very knowledgable and talented fisherman. I have bass fished with him but I've never been on his boat, cause anybody who knows me knows I just don't go on boats. But if I did boat fish, that would be the boat I would go on.

What was reported has been going on for many years on many boats and by individuals everywhere, but, no, that does not make it right. The law is the law and we are all expected to abide by it and if you don't like it, try to get it changed.

Although I can not condone what has happened, I ask all of you, haven't you all broken the law sometime. I know I have. Today I drove home from Belmar to Hamilton and I was doing 70 in 65 MPH zone. So those of you who are so quick to call for sending him to the gallows, just think about your own actions. When you are driving to the beach tomorrow or to work on Monday and you are doing 37 in that 35 zone ( and you know it ), you should drive your self-rightous ass straight to the nearest police station and turn yourself in. Lawbreaker! I guess traffic laws are just not as important and fish and game laws.

I don't think anyone seriously was sending him to the gallows..but let's face it, this is not 70 MPH in a 65MPH zone, it's more like 90MPH in 65MPHH zone...He is not just a mexican guy keeping shorts in the Shark River Inlet, he runs a party boat with customers. If he allows killing shorts for bait why shoud we fuzz about the mexicans in the Manasquan inlet who keep short to feed their family....I've never seen anyone on this web site tells me stories about 37MPH in 35MPH zone when someone started a thread about a mexican guy that got caught with shorts...this case will definitely not stop me from taking fishing trips with him ..smile.gif.

His boat wasn't the only one to do it, not by a long shot, and won't be the last. The only difference he got caught and it's a damn shame because he's been a reputable fishing captain who's done alot for the sport. Although that reputation is now somewhat tarnished, I would still go on his boat. Like I said earlier, I met him once or twice while surfcasting and he was very helpful.

What about the second mate who got caught selling flounders? Is this common too?headscratch.gif

The fillet at least show kind of loyality to the customer...if you look in a different dimension you may say the captain did it to make his customers happy but selling the flounder...well...that's for money...I hope for a good cause...40.gif