Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foxfai

Program to Offer Appliance Rebates

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

CHICAGO -- Appliance manufacturers are counting on a "cash for clunkers"-type rebate program to revive slumping sales of refrigerators, washing machines and dishwashers.

Beginning late this fall, federal rebates will be available for purchasers of high-efficiency household appliances, furnaces and air-conditioning systems. Congress authorized $300 million for the program earlier this year as part of the federal economic-stimulus bill.

After seeing the recent surge in new-car orders attributed to the federally funded clunkers program, appliance industry executives ...

Does anyone have more information on this?

View PostLast i heard there was gonna be a state tax exemption on the purchase of new appliances

I highly doubt it in this state. Just raised the rate to 6.25%, prohibited any deliberation of a weekend sales tax "holiday", and are even going so far as to talk about prosecuting retailers who run their own sales tax promos (ie "buy from us and we'll pay the tax).

Taxachusetts . . . the Pay state.

View PostThis doesn't show anything about the appliance does it? Unless I totally missed it...

Water heaters. HVAV systems.

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...edits.tx_index

Type in your zip code and see if something comes up for your state regarding tax rebates on appliances.

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...rebate_locator

Also check with your power company and see if they have something going on.