Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Awesome John

Can you please email me some links to vids, and info about airbrushing plugs?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I bit the bullet and bought an air brush

My fiance "isnt talking to me" her face looks like a courtroom wall frown.gif

anyway.......................smile.gif

So now how do I use this thing?

my email is awesomejohn7@yahoo.com

if you have any links to videos or pictorial info on how to paint or finish plugs using and air brush please pass them my way...

One thing that worries me is that IM using Devcon for sealer and top coat... so I guess I must pick the right "kind" primer and color paints for compatibility.. what would you recomend? and what should I not use?

like enamel paint is no good.. ?

are there only certain kind of paints I can use in an air brush?

Im so inexperienced Im afraid Im going to blow up the housefrown.gif

helpfrown.gif

I think you'll find all of the info you need right on this forum.

As far as paints, pick one brand and stick with it. Most folks over here are using craft or t-shirt paints. Water based. Once coated with devcon the paint will be protected, at least until something with teeth takes a bite wink.gif You could probably use just about any kind of primer over the devcon as long as it is compatable with the paint.

As far as the airbrush, just takes some practice. I used to practice painting on dowels that I primed. Round shape similar to a plug.

If you don't use paints that are combustable, you won't blow up the house wink.gif

What kind of airbursh? Single action, dual action? People will be able to give you better tips if they know those.

Jigman

YouTube has tons and tons of airbrushing vids. I learned all sorts of things including cleaning and basic painting and advanced painting etc

really good stuff there

I havent bought the actual airbrush nozzel yet just the compressor system, he said he would asdd the nozle...

Should I buy single or double action?

okey Jigman thanks so I can use water based airbrush paints over white primer and then devon over that... hmmmmm smile.gif

Also a great thankyou to a very accomplsihed plug builder who emailed me some pointers... God Bless!

Wow Im really syked up to get started!heart.gif

Dual action brush is a little harder to use, but will give you finer detail. Single action is pretty much a glorified spray can. Dual action is not much more than that.

Jigman

View PostI havent bought the actual airbrush nozzel yet just the compressor system, he said he would asdd the nozle...

Should I buy single or double action?

okey Jigman thanks so I can use water based airbrush paints over white primer and then devon over that... hmmmmm smile.gif

Also a great thankyou to a very accomplsihed plug builder who emailed me some pointers... God Bless!

Wow Im really syked up to get started!heart.gif

go dual, you willl learn it in no time.

I was a t-shirt airbrusher for years. Take my adivce buy a dual > the leaning curve is a little harder but once you get it the tricks and detail you can put in your work will be well worth the time spent you can find books and vids on airbrush all over the net dont look for plug painting specific You need to learn the basics thick lines thin lines small dots big dots and the most important to learn is the dagger stroke once you master that your options in your painting will be 100 times what you can accomplish with a single action brush. You dont have to go out and buy a micron Iwata or any other high end brush I would recomend a Paashe VL you can buy a #3 from Blick for about 55 dollars this is the work horse of the professional t shirt artists

View Post

like enamel paint is no good.. ?

are there only certain kind of paints I can use..

Hmmm, I've been using enamels for 5 years now.. Good ventilation and a mask, .. Color change & clean-up is a breeze using lacquer thinner..I go from one color to the next in about 10-15 seconds..If you make a mistake, just wipe off the wet paint with mineral spirits and try again,..

John