Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John O'

It's the most....wonderful time....of the year...

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Took yesterday off and went to a water park with them, hope to get at least another beach day in this weekend. My little guy (10) starts Monday at a new school, and my girls 15 and 12 start Tuesday. This so hard, June and half of July was a wash up here, feels like we didn't even have a summer. The funny thing is, they're taking it better than me. headscratch.gif

Man I'm bummed, I don't ever remember feeling this depressed about school, even as a kid. frown.gif

Hopefully the next few weekends will be nice enough for the beach, pool and some other outdoor stuff.

View Postbummer aint it john. weekends will be that much sweeter, glass half full man. dont go into the tank on us!

You're right Oots. icon14.gif

It's all good, I just enjoy and appreciate the time spent with them alot, even more now that they're older and easier to please. smile.gif

I used to not mind this time of year because I'd save a few vacation days for some fishing time alone when they were in school, they're not into fishing at all. Now I'd much rather do something else with them.

I thought I was seeing things when I went into Pamida last week. They already have Christmas stuff out! Time goes by fast enough, I don't think it needs any help.

Tight Lines,

DonW

View PostI kid you not, I saw a flipping Christmas commercial yesterday.

View PostI thought I was seeing things when I went into Pamida last week. They already have Christmas stuff out! Time goes by fast enough, I don't think it needs any help.

Tight Lines,

DonW

You've gotta be kidding me...cwm13.gif

View PostI thought I was seeing things when I went into Pamida last week. They already have Christmas stuff out! Time goes by fast enough, I don't think it needs any help.

Tight Lines,

DonW

Christmas carol's at the mall already.mad.gif

View Postthey start next week John? My drive time always increases once the buses start. Thanks for the heads up. My kids are in college so I wasn't really keeping track.

My son started today, and my daughters start tomorrow. It's a charter school in Dorchester, they start early and go late, but it's a phenomonal school with outstanding MCAS results, so I'm all for it. It was my son's first day at this school and he was so excited going into 5th grade; new uniform, middle school, his two bust buds are going there too, great stuff. His big sisters have paved the way for him and all the teachers and administrators are looking forward to meeting him, so they say. I'm really involved and a big supporter of the school too, and they're very appreciative, but my daughters are sometimes embarrased of my over the top cheerleading. redface.gif

My wife was a ball of tears dropping him off today....."My baby is not a baby anymore." crying.gif

cwm27.gif