Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StriperSurg

Hurricane Fishing

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

Looks like the waves will start to grow on Friday, and by Sunday should be standing 7-9 feet (here in southern Maine).

Who's going to brave the elements?

I hope to be out surfcasting somewhere on Sunday night/Monday morning somewhere Southern Me, NH, or Northern Ma. With 7-9 ft waves, I may try to find a more protected area. Gonna require some thought.

I'll be out there. Will we see you?
Weed, if not "there", then either north or south of you by a few miles. Gonna break out the big stick & big plugs for this one.

I got elected to bring my 15 year old and some of her friends to Water country but was told no need to hang around.. Well not driving back and forth from Worcester. Anybody have any suggestions as to where I could kill some time and fish close by.

View PostI got elected to bring my 15 year old and some of her friends to Water country but was told no need to hang around.. Well not driving back and forth from Worcester. Anybody have any suggestions as to where I could kill some time and fish close by.

Just drive east about 4 miles, it will become self explanatory.

View PostWeed, if not "there", then either north or south of you by a few miles. Gonna break out the big stick & big plugs for this one.

Me too. I've got a big Lami rod and a 704z that never get used. This weekend looks perfect. I'm sure I'll run into you at some point as I'll be cruising the same area.

I understand the theory of fishing the storm, wind and waves push the bait to shore and pin it there, but how do you get away from the weeds around here? In my EXTREMELY limited experience rough surf on the NH coast means a weedy mess.

I'll be interested in how everyone actually does during the big waves from the storm. Ive always heard of people going out and how the fishing is supposed to be so good, but Ive never heard of anyone actually catching. Most of my experiece with big seas is very turbid water and no fish.