Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keywest

Myers hole

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Only recently started fishing in the area of Barnegat Inlet and I have hear of Myers Hole. Is Myers Hole a very specific spot or is it the general area of the incoastal waterway running parallel the large sand dune which is across from the coast guard station and the Marinas on LBI?

Meyers Hole, is a deep hole that is around/near the base of the lighthouse. It moves around a bit. Easy to find with a depthfinder, or look for the boats drifting thru it.

Hole right near the lighthouse. More of a boat spot, big thing is to chum grass shrimp for weakfish there. Any bait shop in that area will be able to give you more specifics on the exact location, techniques, etc.

Myer's Hole isnt exactly a secret spot, nor is it that great of a fishing spot unless you enjoy catching spike weakfish and snapper blues. Most of us refer to the whole area immediatly south of the lighthouse as Myers Hole. Gimme a break with all that spot burn crap the place is on every gps and chart known to man, give the guy a break.

A particular access point (I'm sure you know which) was burned a few yrs back and the traffic and trash etc went way up. (Felt like MOCO for a while.) Yes, every local has known it since he was a kid, a few the 868 users currently on line might not.

Yeah your right about the trash, its a shame that some people are such pigs and won't pick up after themselves, all I was sayin is that Myers Hole sounds better than it is to someone who dosent know the area well, and for most people local its known as a general area and used more as an anchorage than a "fishin hole." Believe me Im not spot burning, this area is in my backyard and I havnt fished it in many years.