Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jrs1418

what if there's jellyfish in the water????

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Tonight i was out fishing until the lighting was over me and the rain was coming down. Beautiful night!!!

In the water we kept seeing green lights coming on and off, exacty like fireflies, but in the water. Took out the net and swiped the water and they all start glowing.. BLOBS of them.. and they were EVERYWHERE. I got no nibbles, nothing...

is there a relation??? This was pre storm by an hour or so and it was still nice out.

Down by me, we get those pretty often. Comb jellies. Scare the crap out of you when you kick one. Since they are typically in the grass by the banks and not in the water column that I'm fishing, they have not had an effect on catching fish.

Fire on the other hand beatin.gif . Pack it up and go home.

View PostTonight i was out fishing until the lighting was over me and the rain was coming down. Beautiful night!!!

Why are you fishing with lightning near you?

Not cool...

Chris

No, he's right. I was fishing when there was lightning around. 40.gif

not cool for you, but was very cool for me. What a beautiful sight.

cwm15.gif when it's your time to go so be it!!beers.gif Until then i'm not gonna live scared!!

j'yeah bad idea.

Lightning can strike anywhere in 2 -10 mile radius from the storm cloud.

Add a 12ft Graphite and metal terminal tackle, Now that's Ben Franklin fishin.cwm31.gif

Jellyfish shut down the fishing and swimming @ a resort in Cancun 4 me last year. In the A.m. I got hook-ups but when we saw the purpleish/blue jellies NADA.

When they are in thick swarms they irradicate the baitfish hence no big fish around when jellies show up.

Guess it depends on the type of Jellyfish too...