Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bowboy09

plug bag

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I could not find a good way to make a plug bag.Needs to hold about 20 plugs.dont have the money to buy onefrown.gif.should i save up and buy one.skunk.gif sory if there are any posts on this,couldnt find any.Thank you,rich

Plug bags are a fashion that is continually "improved" upon, but remain simply a method to organize and carry tackle. Modern plug bags do not include a pocket for a hip flask, for example, which was fairly common back in the day, and does more to improve a poor evening than a separate compartments for each leader size.

While it is possible that people may judge you based upon the latest trend, you should not be constrained by their attitude. Build yourself a plug bag that works for you.

Buy a Plano box. Put in a backpack. Voila!!! a plug bag! Get some pvc and a soft sided cooler. Again, a plug bag. The simplest plug bag I have used was a ziplock bag with a handful of bucktails and tins in it. I presently use a canvas tote bag like women take to the pool. Carries all my stuff and I can put it on the ground for a sand-free surface for laying my reel. Laugh all you want- I can carry a hip flask and a hoagie in my bag. There will be an evening when you appreciate my point of view...

Go to a flea market or a swap meet and look for a sturdy canvas bag, like a military type bag. Ideally it'll have a flap cover with velcro although I don't think they would have velcro. Find somethng that's got a fairly wide bottom, at least 6 inches. For tubes, either get a bunch of tennis ball cans or shampoo bottles. Maybe a salon will have empty bottles. After you have enough to fill your bag, say 8 or 10, glue them together. Put drain holes in them first.

View Post^^^^

haha that's awesome. you've inspired me.. i'm gonna try to do something in a similar fashion.

A few sheets of plex-i glass & a file box from one of those office supple stores & your set.

Plug bags are a fashion that is continually "improved" upon, but remain simply a method to organize and carry tackle. Modern plug bags do not include a pocket for a hip flask, for example, which was fairly common back in the day, and does more to improve a poor evening than a separate compartments for each leader size.

While it is possible that people may judge you based upon the latest trend, you should not be constrained by their attitude. Build yourself a plug bag that works for you.

Buy a Plano box. Put in a backpack. Voila!!! a plug bag! Get some pvc and a soft sided cooler. Again, a plug bag. The simplest plug bag I have used was a ziplock bag with a handful of bucktails and tins in it. I presently use a canvas tote bag like women take to the pool. Carries all my stuff and I can put it on the ground for a sand-free surface for laying my reel. Laugh all you want- I can carry a hip flask and a hoagie in my bag. There will be an evening when you appreciate my point of view...[Now theres a man who almost thinks like mebeers.gif

Hip flasks have a variety of other uses, you know. They can be used as an antiseptic if you cut yourself, an effective way to get information, and as a restorative on a raw night.

I recall a recent discussion from the do-it-yourself forum which recommended square plastic fence posts or post covers to make square bag inserts. If you prefer round (plus thin and light) tubes, a plastic cover for florescent light bulbs is 8' for under $4 at a big-box construction supply store.