Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmorgil

Shakespeare Ugly Stick

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

For the price new, they are good rods. But if you are willing to buy used, there are great deals here on the BST for much better gear. I still have 3 Uglies from about 15 years ago in my closet, never knew about SOL util this year.

Ugly sticks are definatley imposssible to break under fishing conditions They are so strong I could take a 6'0 medium action and catch a 300 pound mako on it with out it breaking they are rediculous they could be a little more sensitve but no one can make the perfect rod I give them a 95 out of 100biggrin.gif

View PostUgly sticks are definatley imposssible to break under fishing conditions They are so strong I could take a 6'0 medium action and catch a 300 pound mako on it with out it breaking

clapping.gif for Ugly Stik.

nothing beat them for the money, the rod will last a long time and not

all of them flex that easy...

Go with the uglystik Custom highfive.gif they also make a custom surf rod now and its a pretty good rod

They really do bend. I have a Tiger 7' and have had that rod bent to where it seems it should break but it does not. Not a lot of power but a solid rod for inshore fishing. Sensitive tip, good for Tog, fluke, and scup. Under powered for bigger blues and bass.

they are very strong but not indesturctable. under most known fishing conditions they will not break. great rod when fishing with bait. not the rod for casting lures though as they are kinda heavy. doesnt cast that far either.

great rod for the price for bridge, pier, jetty, and even the surf if super distance is not needed