Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishdoc

Ak...hard To Believe

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I'm sitting in the lodge using some kind of antena deal to send this. I can't even begin to tell y'all wht it's been like...I though that my trips in 2005 and 2007 were OFF THE HOOK...I can just about hold my arms up to type this note. I have lots of pics from all of the guys and guides. As soon as I get them all together I'll post a few...hundred. Week didn'y go without it's moments..cost me 2..YA...2 "sissy sticks" Silvers and chums were spectacular...pinks were in hear BY THE MILLIONS..and I really do not think tha an exaduration. Will finish when I get back...tonight is SINGLE MALT by the fire. I'm just trying to figure if life can get much better. My boys are wiped...we lost total count of fish within the first hour on the river.

It can get pretty cool in those parts in August, believe it or not, especially at night and first light. 20 years ago I camped out at Denali Nat'l Park in late Aug. I woke up the next morning to 6 inches of snow. Most of it melted the next day. Three days later around Sept 1, it snowed nearly a foot and this was on the road system outside of the park. cwm31.gif

-bd

View PostMmmmm....Single Malt!.... What's the fire for? Melting the wings of'n the black flies? cwm27.gif

Sounds like you're having another stellar week in the last known wilderness...

Single Malt by the fire is obvious from your post Dickbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif. Must be that the antenna is only transmitting certain verbage and spelling back to the real world. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Congrats on all the fish caught. Looks like you'll have to work out, prior to the next outing browink.gifwink.gif

G

"Single Malt by the fire is obvious from your post Dickbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif. Must be that the antenna is only transmitting certain verbage and spelling back to the real world."

First I have to fix the post for "borntafish" (what "kinda" word is thatbiggrin.gif)

Antena...antenna

Though...thought

didn' y...didn't

it's...its

tha...that

exaduration... exaggeration (no clue where I got the first word???)

All set bornta???

Loading "Taxi"...The gang...Our "home" with full bath...1st day limit, ya we're three over, the guide caught those for himself (we insisted that he fish with us)...Matt sockeye right hand silver left hand...Have lots more pics on numerous cameras...we'll be organizing over the next few weeks and having a get together dinner to share files.

I have no idea how many fish we caught especially pink salmon but with a three fish per day limit for a combination of silvers and sockeye, we limited every day and fished 6 days @ 9 fish per day that's 53 silvers and 1 sockeye, however we caught and released many more than that. We did bring home 2 50 qt coolers. We also caught a number of chum and sockeye that we released in preference for the silvers.

BTW...It cost me 2...ya 2 fly rods. Totally my fault putting too much tip pressure on fish at short range...That's ok...been wanting a 3 piece for traveling for quite some time!cwm27.gif