Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WorcBoy

District 9

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

You payed for it , thats what it was made for ...they dont make movies anymore for people to "Like"

also:

Hollywood would "like" you to not spoil their profits by spilling your opinion out on the internet , ya know times are tough they got kids to feed beatin.gif

Gotta go look at the previews for it , heard the name but didn't see the previews . biggrin.gif

Haven't seen it yet, but I would like to. Heard nothing but positive reviews until today, someone in the Watertown Tab ripped it apart.

I'm getting the impression it's a lot like Cloverfield. A lot of visual stimuli with not a whole lot of plot to back it up. I don't know when Hollywood decided that shaky, handheld camera footage + CGI effects = hit movie, but it's kind of annoying.

I'm still gonna check it out though...

View PostI did not like it...did I miss something? Whats all the hype?

Not enough Brad Pitt/Angelina/etc and $100+M fireworks to make it "entertaining"?

I thought it was refreshing. Solid action, good plot (if a bit simple) and certainly not overdone in any aspect (I think we can thank low budget for that).

Walked out and said to the wife: was the movie that short or did it seem like the time just flew?

...then I realized we both got sucked into it so much that it did make the time fly.

And this is what makes a good movie.

View PostNot enough Brad Pitt/Angelina/etc and $100+M fireworks to make it "entertaining"?

I thought it was refreshing. Solid action, good plot (if a bit simple) and certainly not overdone in any aspect (I think we can thank low budget for that).

Walked out and said to the wife: was the movie that short or did it seem like the time just flew?

...then I realized we both got sucked into it so much that it did make the time fly.

And this is what makes a good movie.

Um,

I am not a pitt/angelina type movie guy.....cwm13.gif

Like I said, I could just not get into it. Maybe the whininess of the main character took me out of the movie too quick. I did like the gritty basic nature of the setting.Maybe I will see it again with a more open mind.