Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
searchin

Tica ***?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Well a long story short......Dad had his first outing on my kayak this past weeek out in Montauk. Late afternoon drifting out in front of the town beaches he hooks what he said was a 40+. I take him at his word as he knows what a 40 looks like. He fought it for a bit taking a ride, raised the fish saw it at the yak, shat himself and the fish ran again. SNAP!!!!!!.......my 7' Fast Action Medium/Heavy TICA snapped above the bottom guide...fish lost. At least he got to see it as it would have went back anyway...

Anyway, called TICA today thinking they would replace the rod as has been done by several other brands for me even after the "warranty" timeline. No help whatsoever. I have heard of TICA rods breaking before, even mentioned it to the rep, still no love. I also mentioned I would be spreading the word here and other various sites. I won't be purchasing a TICA to replace this one that's for sure. Just thought I should share.

my Tica broke last summer on a monster bluefish while fishing from my kayak. I brought it back to the tackle shop where I purchased it, while it took a long time to get it back, they replaced it, no charge.

Not sure if they went thru Tica or they were just really nice to me.

Good Luck

Wish I could say I have pulled in some slob bass with my Tica dolphin, but I have caught some large blues and the rod handled great. Mine is a 10'6 fast action. It's 3 years old now, some of the middle guides are showing rust and the Dolphin series has fuji guides.

Broke two of them 10' and 12' conventionals on casts, well under the rated load. Never sought to replace either of them. They became tomato stakes.

Good luck to Tica!

Steve