Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spigola

Squan Res and Prospertown lake question

4 posts in this topic

Spig,

I live close to prospertown lake and know of an 8 pound large mouth that came out of there this spring. It was caught by 2 teenage boys in a canoe. I have tried there a couple of times but never at the prime times of the day. The water is pretty shallow around the bank areas but it would probably be good for topwater early or late in the day. I like to fish in a more secluded lake so I always go to Stone Tavern, Rising Sun, or Assunpink, all three of those lakes are within 15 minutes of Prospertown. I think the way to fish Prospertown is with a canoe or Yak and I believe you cannot use electric motors.

As far as Squan, I have friends that fish there from shore and do quite well. Nitro and I fished the Timber area this year and saw a couple of guys that found access to that area.

You really need a boat at Prospertown. There is decent access to the bank near the boat ramp but its not where you want to fish.

It's a shallow lake around the edges with some deep channels. If the water is clear enough you can see the weed lines (from shallow to deep water)...trow a plastic something or other right on the edge of the weeds and you can catch fish all day. I never caught anything real good out of there, lots of fish though...